Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 18th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast and raining after such a balmy day yesterday. Today it will snow in the late evening with the high of 43 and the low of 30.

I am making a chicken pot pie, dinner rolls and the last of the baked apples.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I was up all night with my dog. I think she has Alzheimer's. She woke up and attacked hubs when we were sleeping. I mean she's 18 and does not have teeth so no harm done but its like she has no idea who he is. I try to bring it up to hubs that its probably that time and he will just leave the room and not talk about it. I ended up giving her a ton Benadryl, probably enough to make a horse sleep. She got up this morning acting like nothing happened. I am probably just going to have to make the appointment and not tell hubs like I did with our old beagle. It sucks.

One grandkid went home this morning and the other two are coming tomorrow for the weekend. I hit up Sams club bright and early before the roads freeze and got lots of kid junk food. They had some giant baking potatoes that were calling my name so that is what I will have. Hubs wants Mexican which is fine with me. Snap I better take my turkey out of the freezer for next week.

Comment

Muzette, I definitely feel your pain about your fur baby. We had an 18 year old cat that got senile several years ago. It broke our hearts to put her to sleep but we just couldn’t deal with her peeing all over the house and all the other weird stuff she was doing.

Brrr! It’s been cold and dark all day with some light sprinkles this afternoon. We got an early start today and went up to the Mount Vernon Walmart and stocked up on the staples we needed there. We shouldn’t need to go back for much of anything until after Christmas, at least that’s the plan. The Skagit River is still very high, but the town was not damaged in the floods because of their flood walls.

I’m going to strip some rotisserie chicken legs and heat them up with BBQ sauce and I’m going to heat up some of the cauliflower casserole to go with the chicken for dinner.

Comment

Working...
      X