Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

check out what I made for Hannah's birthday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check out what I made for Hannah's birthday...

It's 3.30am so if I make any typos, please forgive. I've just finished wrapping and getting ready a package to send to Hannah for her first birthday. I can't believe she's already one year old.

I've been working on her doll for about a week now. It was a lot of work because her clothes are knitted in 3ply merino wool. It's a Zapf doll... German company and they make very good quality dolls. Maybe Hannah will like it... maybe she will prefer playing with Andrew's cars and trains. It doesn't really matter because one day she will be in her sixties and it will be one of her most treasured possessions. Oh wait... that's me with my doll that I'm talking about, not Hannah.

I'll make clothes for the doll each birthday. Also sending her some Lego/Duplo and a "Granddaughter" Pandora charm for her bracelet.

https://i.imgur.com/Qdf6pEz.jpg?1

https://i.imgur.com/dCtI1Vx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GEA9eQF.jpg
    I never thought the comment, "I wouldn't touch him/her with a 6' pole"
    would become a National policy, but here we are...

Oh my goodness, that is just beautiful Chayote!

Comment

Oh WOW!! That is stunning. You are so talented

Comment

A family heirloom for sure. I hope someone takes a picture of Hannah when she hugs her new doll!!

Comment

You did a great job knitting the outfit. Doll looks so pretty.

Comment

Beautiful work Chayote!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

WOW Chayote that is beautiful. Would love to see her eyes when she opens it

Comment

Thank you, ladies... I'm absolutely loving my knitting projects. I never want to do an adult size crocheted blanket again except for finishing my sister's blanket that she asked me to do three years ago and one monotone grey one for our guest room in the new house. I'll make a few baby size blankets for my craft market and the rest of the items will be knitted.

rosie... I'm not holding out for any reaction from Hannah at her birthday party. She's more likely to try and eat the wrapping paper.

Vera... she will possibly pick it up and then pitch it out of her way. She's too young to form a bond with the doll. She doesn't cuddle anything really.

I appreciate your comments so much. My craft work is the only thing I'm reasonably good at doing... oh, and growing roses

Comment

What is your craft market? Do you have an etsy store or craft shows or a physical store/market or...... Inquiring minds want to know

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                    What is your craft market? Do you have an etsy store or craft shows or a physical store/market or...... Inquiring minds want to know
                    g'day, rosie... I used to have a stall at a local craft market and did very well with it. I made baby suits, bibs, gift boxes, children's cooking aprons and a few other things. It cost me $10 to set up my stall amongst maybe 200 other stallholders and that money went to the local hospital. I had customers coming back month after month, especially for the bibs.

It was held once a month and although my hourly rate was possibly ridiculously low, I wasn't doing anything else at the time and John was out of work. It kept us fed for the two years that I did it. Once we move I want to go back to doing the markets. They were good fun and a way to be sociable around people. I love knitting so much that I'd like to base my new market stall on that.

Fewer people do knitting and crocheting these days and I get a few requests for baby clothes even without being out there. John doesn't want me to do it because of the low hourly rate, however he was a business man before he retired and he doesn't understand. I have a hoard of yarn, most of which I bought in half price sales and I could easily set up a well stocked stall without having to purchase any yarn or buttons. I'd be happy to make a little bit of money off it by knitting while watching my favourite shows on TV. Right now I'm binge-watching Station 19. I love that show.

Comment

That is interesting. I know about the low hourly wage. People just don't understand the hours that go into a piece that's hand made. Plus materials. I have wanted to try local craft shows. They are for 1 or 2 days. Just don't think I have the stamina to set up & stay there all day.

Comment

Even years ago when we last did the markets previously, John and I did them together. Even just having someone to watch the stall for toilet breaks and fetching lunch. It's a day out and I love looking at what other people are making. If it doesn't work out, my children won't need to buy a gift if their friends have babies... *LOL*

Comment

I love this! Just beautiful and what a very lucky little girl.

Comment

Just beautiful❣️

Comment

Working...
                            X