Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is shining but looking north the sky is black. The high of 36 and the low of 26 with snow off and on today.

DGS has asked for the vegetable beef soup, egg salad sandwiches and jello with fruit in it. That will be so easy as the egg salad is already made, soup just need reheated and the jelllo is in the fridge waiting for the fruit once it thickens a little.

What are you having tonight?
    livetobake
    Master Chef
    Last edited by livetobake; 11-22-2021, 09:55 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

My SIL brought 5 butternut squash. I love squash but have never had butternut I've been reading and think I will cut in half and bake it with butter brown sugar. Any suggestions are welcome don't know what would be good with it but I want easy!! Joe loves a burger so that may be it with tater tots

Comment

I cut in half, scoop out seeds, put cut side down on parchment paper after putting a little oil on cut edges, bake till tender and turn over as soon as removing from the oven. I then scoop out of skin, put into bowl and add whatever you want and either stir or mash. If freezes well, and I do not season and use that portion for pumpkin pies with squash instead. You want letting all the steam rise from it so that it will dense and not runny or watery. Your way sound good also. Basically the same, just different way.

Enjoy! My favorite is hubbard and then butternut. So good.

Comment

I love butternut squash, its really the only squash I like. I make this recipe all the time, but I swap out the bay for sage. https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/ha...ith-bay-leaves I am making it for Thanksgiving because hubs wont eat it but all the ladies in the family will. BA has a lot of great squash recipes. I watch their roku channel and liked it so much I got the magazine.

I am making ribeyes tonight. I think I am just going to broil them though because I am to lazy to take to cover off the grill. Baked potatoes and cauliflower to go with.

Comment

Thanks for the options. I read your recipe muz. So pretty. Would have to skip anything spicy/hot. Neither of us are spicy people

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Mmmm, I love butternut squash! Come to think of it, I love any kind of squash. i got $50 from a now defunct cooking magazine several years ago with a funny story about yellow squash, I’ll have to dig it out and post a copy of it.

It’s cold and windy today, highs in the 40’s, but the wind makes it feel like a knife going through you. Brrr! I got the rest of my grocery shopping done for the holiday this afternoon, I shouldn’t need anything else, at least I hope not. I was surprised to see that the only Swiss cheese I could get was from the deli already sliced. I asked the guy in the dairy aisle if there was any Swiss available, he said they haven't been able to get any for over a week. Soooo, I bought 3/4 lb sliced and I’ll just grate the block that way. I went through the same thing a few years ago, no Swiss at all.

We’re going to heat up our leftovers from Moose Creek BBQ for dinner.

Comment

We liked the squash a lot. I didn't do brown sugar. Just seeded, poked, slathered with butter s&p. So far I've never met a squash I didn't like
                Looking forward to the squash funny

Comment

Our dinner last night was nothing to be proud of. We had been out for hours looking at cars and taking them for test drives. We found the car we wanted but it wasn't just a matter of paying and taking it home. It's what they call a "grey import"... "grey" because it falls into a grey area of the law, is not a car made available to the Australian market but as it doesn't break any laws owning it, a person is allowed to own it; and "import" is self-explanatory as it was imported as a used car from Japan. So... decision to be made. We both want the car but John is skeptical. He worries that some day he'll be told it can't be repaired or we'll discover it doesn't comply with Australian requirements. Today I've answered some of his fears and it turns out that a family member has gone through the process of buying a grey import and they've had a positive experience.

Anyway, dinner. Lunch was skipped because we had to drive for 2 hours each way to the car yard so after we finished test driving we headed to Maccas. John had a burger (of course) and I struggled through a cheeseburger and fries, ordered as a happy meal so I could take home the toy for Immy. I was hungry again by the time we got home so I had a cup of 2-minute noodles. Nothing that I ate yesterday had any resemblance to *real food*
                  You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
                  Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                    So far I've never met a squash I didn't like
                    Good to hear, rosie... *LOL* At least I have one person who likes me!
                    You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
                    Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

Wish there was a laughing icon. LOL. you no squaaash. But I like ya anyway

Comment

Working...
                      X