Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 29th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another overcast morning with snow moving in later in the day with a high of 36 and the low of 30.

I have a good- sized bud on my Christmas cactus and several smaller ones. They will be so welcome with the pretty color and unique shape of the flowers.

Tonight will be grilled cheese and meatloaf sandwiches along with tomato soup and fruit.

What will be your Monday evening dinner?

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

John was out at poker with his friend tonight. His friend (Frank) finally received his second vaccination so their friendship will get back to normal.

We had home help this morning... always welcome assistance. I did some cooking and the resulting clean up. I made curried sausages that hides a lot of vegetables and we'll have that for dinner tomorrow night. I shared what I made with Tiff. Poor little Immy is off school again after one of her friends came down with COVID. Yesterday she woke up with the runny nose and a cough and she was so sure she had the "horrible virus" but an urgent COVID test came back negative. It's just a cold. My young niece is very accident prone. She's at home nursing a broken nose and two black eyes after walking into a climbing bar at school. It's always something with adventurous children.

For dinner I had a salad. John had some of the curried sausages with toast after he came home from poker.

Tomorrow we are going car shopping again. We thought we had our dream car but it didn't work out for us. We are back to looking at a new car and trying to decide between a Nissan X-Trail and a Mitsubishi Outlander. John wants a red car but it would cost $1,000 more. For $1,000 a white car will be just as comfortable...
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I have a Mitsubishi eclipse cross for my daily driver. I am pretty impressed with the vehicle. Its not something I would normally pick but the deal was to good to pass up. It does great in the snow, which is probably not a concern for you, but I am happy with it. Also its fat people friendly if that's a concern. We are going to order our new car Thursday. Hubs has been on the waitlist for a brand new Corvette for almost 2 years and its finally his turn. I cant really complain because he does work hard, at least he is happy lol.

I got some sweet Hawaiian hot dog buns this morning at the store, so hot dogs it is. LTB if you ever go to Meijers they have pork butts on sale for 99 cents a lb this week. I havent seen them that low in a very very long time.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up muz. I have never been there, do not think they are any close by but I could be wrong on that.

Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Those sales on meat are what get me in trouble. I go crazy & the new ones get tossed on top of the old ones I instantly wanted to check our area for 99 cent pork butt. Buy I won't. Gotta get back to the blitz

Just put a small arm roast in the oven

Comment

Muzette - We have the C7 model (Grand Sport - L2) Corvette convertible - it is a beautiful car. I am assuming you are getting the C8 model. I didn't know there was a waiting list for them but I haven't been in the market for another one either. I guess the 'chip' for cars are being delivered to the factories now to build new cars?

Comment

I have no idea what he is getting, but it makes him happy so I guess its worth it. I am having a hard time spending so much on a car, but I cant shake growing up dirt poor and hate spending anything. The only reason I am going along with it is because its so hard to get a new one, we could sell it the day after we got it for a 20% mark up. I do want the Audi R8 next, but we might need a bigger house first.

Comment

We also purchased our Covette new and ordered it. We had to travel about 50 miles to pick it up. On the way home, I was following in our SUV and my husband was wearing his Disney World hat - needless to say I bought him a Corvette hat - good Christmas gift for your husband. My husband did get a lot of thumbs up on the way home though. All Covette owners greet each other on the road with a wave or head lights high and low. Yes, it is very expensive but Corvettes have such a following that there is never an issue of finding a buyer. It does sit low to the ground so be prepared to bend down a lot to get in. Once you are in, it is really quite comfortable. I make sure no one is looking when I try to get out - lol. I park way out in the parking lot - never close in. It only has a little over 5K miles on it - pretty good for a 2017. We are just very picky where we drive it.

Comment

We have a 2004 Corvette but baby wants a new toy lol. We are getting the targa top because honestly if you go for a long drive convertibles pretty much suck with the hot sun beating down on you. Yes, there is no graceful way to get in or out of the darn thing.

Comment

We used to have a 1980 T Top Corvette, then got a 1984 Mercedes two- seater convertible but the top wasn't automatic like our Corvette is now. That MB top was a royal pain. With the new Corvette, if it is really hot outside, then the top stays on and the AC is on. On beautiful days, nothing beats a convertible - in red or course. We have three red vehicles and one dull (boring) silver van.

Comment

It’s been a fairly nice day today, cool but not super cold and mostly dry, but rain coming in later this evening. We switched our rope lights and decorative porch lights on to Christmas colors and got our holiday porch light mask covers on too. Tomorrow I’ll probably get the scarves on the bears and their hats and we’ll get the inflatable Santa out there too. We can’t even begin to compete with the guy across the street, but we do our part making the neighborhood look festive.

I’m trying out a new to me recipe for Creamy Dill Pickle Chicken with Bacon and we’ll have some Trader Joe’s mushroom risotto with it. I’ll post the chicken recipe if it turns out as good as I think it will later.

Comment

That chicken came out so good! I’m posting it in T&T.

Comment

Working...
                        X