Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 12th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Oh my gosh, the sky is cloudless and a wonderful, sunbathed land is a sight for sore eyes. The sky is a very deep blue this morning and a joy seeing. A high of 46 and the low of 34.

I am morphing the stuffed peppers and rice into soup, making garlic bread from the bread I made yesterday, and the baked apples will be heated and put over ice cream for DGS.

What will be on your table for dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Right now it's almost 3am and am I tucked up in bed, fast asleep? No... I'm in the kitchen baking biscuits/cookies. I'm too on edge to sleep tonight so between batches in the oven, I'm folding laundry as it comes out of the dryer.

John was rushed to hospital by ambulance, had surgery and now eight days later I can pick him up tomorrow. Hospital is a lonely place for patients during COVID and also for spouses sitting at home awaiting phone calls. Harrowing to say the least.

I've made some nourishing soup for him and he will enjoy the biscuits. This ordeal has shown me that I don't like living alone.

My dinner tonight was chicken and corn soup followed by a ham and coleslaw bread roll. My supper tonight will be a mango.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I was out picking up the blown over trash cans and all the garbage this morning and even got the carpets cleaned. I have stroganoff going in the crockpot. It smells so good. I am really looking foreword to dinner.

I went to the winery last night because I always take gifts to the girls at the title agency. No cranberry wine this year, I was so sad. The only fruit wine they had was cherry, which is still tasty. For some reason its even tastier with a roast beef dinner. The didn't even have the blueberry wine. Oh well.

Comment

Oh dear Chayote, I do hope everything is good with John. I truly understand how hard this is, and staying strong is about the only thing you can do. Don’t forget to take care of yourself too, it’s something you must do to stay strong.

It’s another cold day with sprinkles here and there. I did a quickie grocery run this morning and came home and did a few house tasks and then continued reading my book.

I’m making pressure cooker Chianti pot roast with 3 cheese tortellini and salad for dinner.

Comment

Chayote: hope all is well with John. Prayers for a good recovery!
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
          X