Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 15th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cloudy with rain predicted and the high of the high of 53 and the low of 52.

I am morphing the vegetables from last night into a vegetable soup and the pork into BBQ pork sandwiches.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Holy snap I can move my arm fully today. I also either have the flu or maybe a side effect of acupuncture, not sure. Hopefully it passes soon. I put a ham in the crock pot and made a boxed pasta salad mix. I think that is as good as it going to get today.

Comment

I am glad your arm feels better muz and I hope you feel better soon.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

No work for the guys today due to nasty weather, so hubs and I went and did some Christmas shopping. I was hoping to find a Fisher Price farm set for Kian, but no luck. I was very bummed, I wonder if it has been discontinued. Ended up getting a water-works bath tub fun centre. My son and his wife think that Kian is bored, they think he is getting tired of the toys that he has, he will only sit for a short time now to play, then whines. Hopefully once he is a bit moblile, he will be more content. At almost 8 months old he is in a swim class, music group, baby play group. Seems he needs to be out and about, he is very inquisitive and I say he is nosy lol, he loves looking at the trees and clouds. When he comes into our house, he is just constantly looking all around everywhere. I think he will be a very busy boy, and Ty and Cassie will have their hands full!!!!
        I put a teeny ham in the oven today, basted with brown sugar/apple juice/dijon. Sides of scalloped potatoes and some mixed veg. I hope to do my mega size pan of Nuts & Bolts tonite if I don't get too lazy!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

MudderBear - Embrace the curiosity of your grandson - I love it. I have a very good friend who had a son my son's age when they were 4. In preschool, the kids would sit around the teacher on the floor and the teacher would read to the class. My friend's son would correct the teacher if she read a sentence wrong or skipped a word when he was sitting next to her. This child taught himself to read the highway signs. He went on to the #1 high school in the US, Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria VA and got a perfect SAT score also. Curiosity can be a good thing. One more comment - on a field trip with this same preschool class, they were at a park where the trees had both the common and Latin names on a sign - he was reading the Latin!! (Phonetically). Enjoy that grandson - time goes by quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            MudderBear - Embrace the curiosity of your grandson - I love it. I have a very good friend who had a son my son's age when they were 4. In preschool, the kids would sit around the teacher on the floor and the teacher would read to the class. My friend's son would correct the teacher if she read a sentence wrong or skipped a word when he was sitting next to her. This child taught himself to read the highway signs. He went on to the #1 high school in the US, Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology in Alexandria VA and got a perfect SAT score also. Curiosity can be a good thing. One more comment - on a field trip with this same preschool class, they were at a park where the trees had both the common and Latin names on a sign - he was reading the Latin!! (Phonetically). Enjoy that grandson - time goes by quickly.
            Wow, that is amazing, but I think it could also be hard to live with a child like that. I can only hope that he was in the gifted classes at school. KIds who are so smart usually are very bored in a regular class room.

Comment

It’s been cool and cloudy but it’s been dry too. We’re hoping for a couple more dry days so the lawn can get mowed. We went and picked up our new phones today, so nice! I’d gotten so used to my glitchy and slow phone that I’d kind of forgotten what a fully functional one was like. It will take a bit of getting used to for sure.

We’re going to have more of the Chianti pot roast and tortellini for dinner, it should be even better tonight than it was on the first night.

Comment

Working...
              X