Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 16th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The wind howled yesterday and will pick back up today with rain moving in this afternoon. It will be mild temperatures with the high of 62 and plunging tonight into the mid 30's.

Chop suey, rice, applesauce and green beans with slivered almonds will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Last edited by livetobake; 12-16-2021, 06:41 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Blue skies this morning! Snow is almost gone Hoping for more for Christmas tho!
    I did get lazy last nite, so will do my Nuts & Bolts this aft. This morning I will finish a pot of turkey soup I made stock for the other day.
    Hubs and DS may be going out for wings tonite, in that case I will fry up some leftover ham and stuff and toss 'er into some scrambled eggs for myself.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I've been pondering wheather to say this on here cause it may gross some people out. BUT lol what the heck anybody have navy guys around? Everyone says SOS for dried beef gravy. Actually (Google it) dried beef gravy in the Navy is known as creamed foreskins on toast or FOT. Hamburger gravy is SOS.
      we're having FOT.
      please don't hate me.

Comment

Ok----------------!!!!!
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

ROFLOL sorry couldn't resist

Comment

Oh Rosie! your post just cracked me up!!!!!!
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

In the Army it was called " Sh** on the shingle " ( hambuger gravy on toast ) I don't think the mililtary serves that anymore ?

Comment

We always called the dried beef SOS. Never had hamburger gravy on toast, that always goes on mashed potatoes. Either way I do love the dried beef on toast, I may have to make that tomorrow. Hubs can pick up rice and beans from the bodega. My tummy says no cooking tonight.

Comment

We both love SOS, always have, always will. We really love the Cook’s Country version that uses corned beef in it, it’s just so freakin’ good! It’s the main reason I cook corned beef.

It’s been cold, dark clouds and on and off rain all day. I decided not to attend the ladies only Christmas party tomorrow night, it just doesn’t seem like a good thing for me to do right now with the uptick in virus cases. Yes, I am fully vaccinated but I just don’t want to take any chances. I don’t feel bad about backing out of it. It’s been a quiet day, I’ve been really engrossed in the book I’m reading right now.

Ken requested French toast and bacon for dinner and I thought that sounded like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X