House fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House fire

One of my flip houses caught fire today. Funny thing is it was a brand new house. We bought it at the tax sale. The previous house burnt to the ground last year and the insurance company rebuilt this house. The contractor never got permits for the important things so we have been scrambling to get everything corrected. All we know is it was something electrical. We thought about moving in because I like it, but its in the boonies. Now its just a great big mess.

wow... that's scary. Was someone living in it when the fire started?
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

muz,

I am so sorry reading this. I am so glad you had not moved in as the loss would have been horrible. I know you had insurance and that maybe loss of tools and other items but am so grateful that no one was hurt.

Good luck on figuring out the mess. I would think the contractor that built it without permits could be held responsible and held liable.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Truely sorry to hear that. What a stinkin mess & stress. Really hope things will get straightened out quickly. Agree with LTB thankful no one was hurt.

Comment

We actually did not have tools there because there was no work to be done. We did just put in a kitchen aid fridge and a new stove. They are thinking to stove turned its self on or was bumped and turned on, or the outlet above the stove for the hood was faulty. Of course adjustors only work on business days. I have a fire restoration company going there today to at least cover the hole in the roof and to suck as much water out of the house as they can. I hate the waiting for the insurance company because I just want to hire someone else to do the work on this house. Considering it is the 2nd fire in a year at the address, I am thinking Jesus just does not want the house there.

Comment

I can see why you would feel that way. I know you will make certain with a complete inspection that the house is safe and secure before you would put it on the market. It does make one stop and wonder.

Comment

Oh dear! So sorry to hear this. Fire can be so devastating. Really, really odd that it is the second fire. Hope the outcome goes well for you and your husband.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Two house fires so close together, that is odd, and suspicious. Maybe it was arson ?? But I am sure it will be investigated.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                  Two house fires so close together, that is odd, and suspicious. Maybe it was arson ?? But I am sure it will be investigated.
                  Admittedly, I had the same thought. Two fires in a short time would definitely bring out the Arson Squad to investigate, whether they would be investigating insurance fraud or negligence.

Muzette: I'm absolutely not accusing you of anything. I'm sure you didn't have anything to do with the fire. Just that two fires at one property during a 12 month period, insurance companies would no doubt ask for an investigation.

I hope you're able to repair the house and sell it off soon.
                  Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Yeah the investigators were automatically there. They are leaning between a faulty stove that turned its self on or the outlet above the stove being faulty. They said they will let the insurance company decide since they have deeper pockets.

Comment

Maybe it's built on an Indian burial ground

Comment

Now that thought would give me nightmares!!!!

Comment

The previous owner was in her 80's and it was a hoarding situation causing the house to be a total loss. She also sent all of her money to her Nigerian boyfriend for 5 years instead of paying her mortgage. Maybe the Nigerian boyfriend cursed the house when she stopped sending him money because we called her son to come get her.

Comment

Working...
                          X