Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 18th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

We are back in the land of overcast skies and rain. I am telling myself that rain is not shoveled, but there is a chance of ice as the high will be 42 and the low of 26.

Turkey, dressing, gravy and carrots will be dinner.

What are you having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Tiff and Immy joined us for dinner tonight. Tim was working. John is now able to eat normal food. It's such a relief to have him almost back to normal with a few changes in his lifestyle. John and Immy had roast chicken, mashed potato, peas and carrots for their dinner. Tiff and I had spaghetti bolognaise. It was a very pleasant evening. Tiff solved the problem of John's missing keys... they are somehow hanging on Tiff's key rack. Strange things happen when you're happily playing poker and suddenly you're whisked away by ambulance. We thought the keys were gone.

We are in the market for two new vehicles... one SUV and one van to carry our new scooters. John and Tiff went and looked at a van today... a Hyundai iLoad which might be a good option. John also liked the Hyundai Palisade. I'm favouring a Mitsubishi Outlander. We'll see who wins... *LOL*

It was hot today but tomorrow will be a little cooler. I need a few things from Aldi and then go and deliver a gift for my hairdresser.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Snow is gently falling. I've got all my Christmas lights on inside and candles burning, nice and cozy. We are going to a family get together this aft, everyone will bring a dish.
      Our covid cases are sky rocketing here - ugh again! - Back to some restrictions starting tomorrow. Indoor gatherings are 10 people, outdoor 25. Public events etc will be at 50% capacity. Here we friggen go again! So glad we will be able to have our little gathering today!!!!
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Have a wonderful time Mudder and enjoy.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I know Winter doesn’t officially get here for a few more days but it sure feels like winter here! It’s been very cold, windy and wet all day. We haven’t turned the gas fireplace off all day and we’re in warm snuggly clothes. I finally finished my book, now I’m starting on the prequel to the series I just finished. Not much else happening today.

We’re getting takeout from Farmers Cafe tonight. A chicken sandwich and clam chowder for me, chicken fried steak and fries for Ken.

Comment

Working...
          X