Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast with snow on the roofs this morning, dreary along with the high of 35 and the low of 25.

Turkey pot pie will be dinner with a fruit salad on the side.

Your Sunday dinner will be---?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Tiff and Immy called in this afternoon and I talked them into staying for dinner. I have too much food in the fridge... it's always a feast or famine and I rarely buy the right amount of food. Tiff and John had burgers, Immy had baked beans and toast and I had leftover spaghetti bolognaise from last night.

It was much cooler today. I started putting packed boxes into my green shed and it's my aim to put everything that is packed ready to move out in that shed to free up the house and be tidy again. There are delays with our house being built... possibly because it's so close to Christmas, possibly because tradies would rather work on new estates than a single house in an already established area.

John and I are going out tomorrow to check two vehicles and make a decision between them. Currently new vehicles are taking up to four months to be delivered so the sooner we do it, the quicker we'll have our vehicles. While we are out I'd like to go shopping in Spotlight... much like your Michaels craft store. They advertised yarn that I use for half price. I might buy one or two balls... yeah, right! *LOL*
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote: my SIL and BIL have been searching for a new vehicle for months....they finally got one a few weeks ago. And funny that it is the same Jeep, same colour...except for a few extras.
      We have been shopping for some new doors...of all things lol! None to be found! WTH? I want an outswing with a full glass pane. Nope. The thought I could make do with half window. Nope. Some of these that we just take for granted are near to non existent in these stupid covid days!

I'm laying low today. Had an upset at the party yesterday. Of course we did. Figures, finally able to get out and have some long awaited fun and it ended on a bad note. I'm not a happy camper.
      Not in the mood for cooking a usual Sunday meal. So, dinner will be frozen veal cutlets, Minute Rice and a freezer veg. How not cooking is that? lol
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Been hankering for meat loaf since LTB mentioned it recently. Have some leftovers to go along side. Must get fridge cleared for holiday food.

Comment

I made potato soup from a packet and some drop biscuits with Jiffy baking mix. I have 2 giant boxes of Jiffy mix and need clever ideas to use it up.

Comment

Mudder,

I am sorry you did not have a good time yesterday when I know were looking forward being with family again.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It has been a beautiful sunny day today but cold. We’re due for more rain later tonight and tomorrow. We’ve just been doing the usual old house stuff this afternoon.

Ken wants Five Guys burgers for dinner so we’re going to go get them in a bit.

Comment

Working...
              X