Need help asap - not cooking related

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help asap - not cooking related

Our DS 31, has been in pain since yesterday....thinking wisdom tooth related? Any T&T remedy suggestions til he can see dentist? Pretty bad when percs don't help.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

WOW I am of no help if percs don't help. Maybe he should go to ER ???
    maybe a cool pack to get blood slowed down to it

Comment

Oil of clove can help. Take ibuprofen and acetaminophen at the same time, it has better pain relief properties than opioids. It will help reduce swelling which is probably also swelling his sinus cavity. Ice pack his face.

Comment

Muzette is right, ibuprofen and acetaminophen taken together works extremely well. My oral surgeon gave me that instead of opioids and it helped a lot.

Comment

Oh so now Son says pain is more generalized around tooth he work done on a few years ago....root canal and crown. In more pain now than before. Besides percs he's taken morphine and no help. That's a lot of pain. Contacted dentist.... can't do anything til the morn. ugh.
          muzettte: yes...I have heard that iB's and Tylenol works very well together. thank you.

Comment

I hope your son is getting some relief this morning.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Thanks livetobake. He did not get much sleep. Wasn't feeling too bad in morn, trying to get in to ANY dentist was like 'pulling teeth' so the saying goes! No luck getting him in to the emerg dentist on call...what the heck? I told him to just go to hosp emerg. In end he spoke with a very nice sympathetic receptionist and she got the dentist to prescribe antibiotics, sight unseen. Hope this does trick for now. He has an appt for first week of January.

Comment

Great news. I hope that helps him.

Check the thread entitled "Mudder" as I left you a message there.
                Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
                He drew a circle that shut me out.
                But love and I had the wit to win,
                We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
                X