Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 21st.

Good Morning!

It is overcast at the moment with a partly sunny sky predicted with the high of 42 and the low of 30. Not bad for the first day of winter.

I have a contractor coming in a bit so sloppy joe mixture from the freezer is in the crockpot and will decided what else later.

What will you be having?
    livetobake
    Master Chef
    Last edited by livetobake; 12-21-2021, 08:51 AM.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Didn't sleep much last night... one of our grandchildren was sick and although I couldn't do anything, I just didn't feel like sleeping.

Today started with a double doctors appointment... they are always fun... Came away with a handful of pathology requests which can wait until after Christmas. Went to Aldi on the way home and picked up some tins of shortbread and tins of nougat to add to our Christmas dinner table. We were expecting a guest for dinner but he bailed at the last minute. He has a cold and he had a COVID test but hasn't heard the result as yet. I didn't mind too much as I had some wrapping to do and later, a date with a pair of knitting needles. Knitting feels special to me because I was taught at age 5 by my grandma and I'm still using her old knitting needles. Still making jackets, hats and booties for a future craft market.

Dinner tonight was crumbed lamb cutlets... John had mashed potato, carrots and peas; I had lettuce, pea shoots and avocado.

Tomorrow we are going to visit Gordon.
    You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
    Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

So far today I have been mostly cold and lazy. Hanging with the dog and wondering what to prepare for dinner. I have chicken and think I may either stuff a chicken breast with something or use it to prepare a curry dish. I am leaning towards curry. It is easy and tasty.

Comment

I had to run out to pay bills that hubs was supposed to but never did so I can get the books squared away. Then I delivered a few more bottles of wine to suppliers and picked up drinks for dinner tomorrow. Getting Mexican from the bodega for dinner and starting the cinnamon roll dough for tomorrows little feast with the kids.

Comment

Beautiful clear day today. Was hoping to go for a walk but I'm behind on a few things I need to accomplish before Christmas.Having our DD and SIL for dinner tonite. Boy, am I ever getting lazy. Dinner will be a pre-made lasagna from Costco, ready made caesar salad and a garlic baguette which I will at least make the garlic butter for hahahaha
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Lazy? I think not, it is smart at times when it is more important that you spend time with you DD and SIL and being relaxed and not stressed is just plain good planning.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been cold and cloudy all day, hasn’t gotten above about 37. There’s even some talk about possible snow flurries in the next couple of days, and a possible white Christmas. Ken had a dermatology appointment this afternoon in Smokey Point.

I’m going to make hamburger gravy on biscuits for dinner and we’ll have some fruit on the side.

Comment

Working...
              X