Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a gray morning that should become partly sunny with the high of 28 and the low of 20.

I think I am heading into the land of pancakes, sausage, and scrambled eggs for dinner.

What delightful meal will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Snowy morning! DD and SIL were to head back to city for the day, but turned around as the highway was pretty messy.
    Today I will make a Tater Tot casserole and a garden salad, hopefully there will be enough leftover for tomorrow night.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Smart choice.
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I am freezing in my own home and still have not come up with an idea for dinner this evening. I was too lazy to get out today. I do have a sweet potato that I may bake for dinner. I briefly thought of making shrimp and grits or soup but decided that I really didn’t have much of an appetite.

Comment

It’s been mostly dry today but it has been very cold and windy all day. I was just watching the weather forecast and it is going to be super cold starting Sunday with highs in the 20’s. Brrr! We’ve just been taking it easy today and I’m getting the laundry done.

We’re having pressure cooker shrimp scampi and pasta tonight with a green salad.

Comment

We did the kids Christmas tonight because the one grandkids mom does not give him over like she is supposed to for visitation so I didnt want to risk him not getting in on the fun. My daughter thought it was at 10 am so she showed up bright and early, but it wasnt until six. At least we got to hang out and be lazy and enjoy the kids. We did homemade cinnamon rolls and biscuits and gravy.

Comment

Tiff and Tim were invaluable to us last night. I had a very large TV stand... one that took up most of the wall with storage on both sides. I wanted it out of the house as it makes the room look smaller and not only did they find someone on facebook that wanted it, they came down and dismantled it all and put it out under the carport for collection today. Immy was so helpful... she cleaned the cobwebs from the wall behind the cabinet (the joys of living in Australia) and vacuumed the carpet ready for my much smaller cabinet that I bought on eBay for $30. I love it! Not so overwhelming like the old one.

Tim went to work and Tiff and Immy stayed for dinner. John, Tiff and Immy had a crumbed lamb cutlet with salad... I had some spaghetti bolognaise.

The purple thing on the left side is just Immy's table that she uses when she sits in my armchair with her dinner.

https://i.imgur.com/dUJj7x0.jpg
              You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
              Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

OOOO that's pretty. Trust me Australia does not have a corner on cobwebs lol

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                  OOOO that's pretty. Trust me Australia does not have a corner on cobwebs lol
                  g'day, rosie... my eBay purchase was a bargain. It's solid wood, kinda heavy so no risk of moving. We'll take it to the new house and attach the TV to the wall with a safety cable. The front section was perfect size for the payTV box, DVD player and our old video recorder/player. It still works and I have videos of our children when they were young. After Christmas I plan on setting up a video to show Immy... it's a concert that her mother was in at age 5. Immy will think it's hilarious!
                  You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
                  Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

Working...
                  X