Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be mostly cloudy today with rain moving in later this evening. The high will be 50 and the low of 52. I think someone spiked the weathers eggnog.

Garlic shrimp, salad and Christmas cookies will be dinner.

What will be your Christmas Eve. dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I'm up late tonight. I have a piece of silverside in a pot and it will be cooked in about 30 minutes. I've made my family secret dip, cut up kabana and am about to make some mini pavlovas. I've bought lots of fruit so my family can construct their own pavlova as they wish. While they cook I'll vacuum the familyroom. We are going to my sister's house for lunch and then we have five family members... six if you count the dog coming over for our evening meal. It will be a very relaxed day.

For dinner tonight, John had a small pork steak with eggs and onion. I had a ham and salad roll.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

It’s been a pleasant day today, a bit of rain but not a big deal. However, weather reports are saying there’s a good chance of some lowland snow overnight. I did most of the prep for tomorrow’s dinner today. I made a batch of Coronary Bypass Potatoes and I got my pork loin seasoned, stuffed, rolled and tied for tomorrow. I was going to do some tidying but I need a bit of a break. At least tomorrow will be easy. It’s just the two of us this year.

We are having some Aidell’s bacon and pineapple sausage and a package of Beecher’s macaroni and cheese for dinner.

Comment

Working...
      X