X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Merry Christmas!!!

Once a child always a child was proven at 5:30 this morning when I heard "Grandma it is Christmas!! Did Santa come yet? Hurry Grandma I am ready for Christmas!!" I have been up, smiling and watching him be so excited about opening his presents and checking out his stocking from Santa. It warms my heart seeing him enjoy having the same happiness he had as a child on Christmas morning in what seems like so long ago but yet yesterday.

He has not told me what he is making yet for today's dinner, but I do know he is excited about it.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day that is full of memories, love and peace.
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had a lovely day... no stress and everybody happy. John and I went to my sister's house for lunch of chicken, pork and lamb with potatoes, peas and green beans. Pavlova for dessert. We were home by 5pm to get ready for Tiff, Tim, Immy, Charlie, Alice and Lucy visiting for dinner. Immy opened gifts and was very happy.

I wish everyone a happy day however you celebrate Christmas.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5340/1115/320/wildflowerbasket3.gif
    You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
    Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

Merry Christmas!

We have semi-officially had our first White Christmas ever! We had a bit of slushy light snow last night and right now we’ve got some icy white pellets on the roof and grass. I think more is expected tonight. We’re warm and cozy in the house and have no need at all to go outside. I don’t think Abby is going to be happy about going out though! I’m so glad I got my dinner pre-prepped yesterday, only thing I have to do is finish them up.

I’m making America’s Test Kitchen Herb Stuffed Pork Loin and it’s pan gravy, Coronary Bypass make ahead mashed potatoes (my son gave them that name, they are so rich!) and steamed baby peas. We’re having a pumpkin roll cake for dessert.

Comment

It's late, but nevertheless, Merry Christmas to you all!
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
        X