Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Wow, what blast of winter we got overnight. The wind is howling, we have about 4 inches of snow along with the crazy high of 53 and the low of 34 with rain predicted most of the day.

I have pulled chili from the freezer and put it in the crockpot. Waffle cornbread and applesauce will complete the meal.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I woke up in the middle of the night and it was pouring rain. Went back to bed around 5 am and when I woke up we were covered in snow. I had errand to run and it was an icy sloppy mess out there. I put a corned beef in the crockpot and will have fried cabbage to go with it.

Comment

Your house will smell so good today. Open a window and blow the aroma my way please.

Comment

The Christmas leftovers are gone soooo back to reality ugh. Pulled out a ham bone and a pkg of small pieces of ham. So it will be ham & beans. Fried cornbread patties. Or as some call them hoe cakes

Turned out really good. Joe said scrumptious.
        rosie
        CopyKat Chatter
        Last edited by rosie; 12-27-2021, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Sounds good rosie.

Comment

I am considering a small pot of chili if I find enough ingredients in the pantry.

Comment

I got a Ninja Foodi Grill for Christmas, so tonite's dinner is just cheeseburgers.I can't wait to try out some actual recipes! I've heard that vegetables are awesome done in it. Our DS air fried some chicken spring rolls and spicy fries in it yesterday.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been a pretty day but it has been downright frigid all day. When we woke up it was 6 and the high temperature has been 23. Needless to say, none of the snow has melted. The neighborhood has been very quiet all day, very few people are doing any driving. I cancelled a podiatrist appointment I had on Wednesday because the road conditions are expected to be terrible the rest of the week. We are definitely not used to driving on icy roads, even with all wheel drive. We’re just staying in and staying warm.

I’m making Cook’s Country’s gochujang chicken and tortellini for dinner and we’ll have a salad with it.

Comment

Mudder how did the spring rolls and fries turn out? I have been thinkin I want one of those but don't know if I'd use it much

Comment

Working...
                  X