Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

At last there is sun, at least for the moment. The high will be 41 and the low of 37 with more clouds and rain moving in later this afternoon.

DGS has asked for pizza tonight so pizza it will be. Lots of sausage and vegetables is the way we like it.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We are heading out to Firebirds, a restaurant in our nearby town. Since December is my birthday month, I got a $10 off coupon and today is the last day to use it. All their meats ae grilled over a wood burning fire. I'm certainly getting the filet mignon (to die for) and my husband usually gets salmon. It is a nice little birthday perk.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
      We are heading out to Firebirds, a restaurant in our nearby town. Since December is my birthday month, I got a $10 off coupon and today is the last day to use it. All their meats ae grilled over a wood burning fire. I'm certainly getting the filet mignon (to die for) and my husband usually gets salmon. It is a nice little birthday perk.
      Happy birthday for when it was, Vera. It's always nice to have a good meal that you don't have to cook for yourself...
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

The highlight of our day was a visit from Tiff and Immy. They had been to a market and bought John a bag of cherries. He was born and raised in Young, New South Wales where most of Australia's cherries are grown. He grew up climbing through fences to get to the cherry trees in the orchards and then running out with his pockets full of cherries, usually with the orchardist chasing him. These days he has to pay $16 per kilo for them, just like everyone else.

Tiff was telling me about her day yesterday. Tiff, Tim and Immy transported my son's blue-tongued lizard to a rescue sanctuary for wild animals that cannot be released. The carer in charge of the reptiles was amazed by her condition despite being over 20 years old. We are now officially pet-free.

For dinner tonight we had battered flathead... I had coleslaw with mine; John had potato, peas and cauliflower.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Happy Bday Vera for whenever it was. Got to love the bday coupons. We decided not to dine out for a while with the rona spread, but take out is good enough for me. Speaking of take out hubs had to go to Columbus today to pick up a motorcycle and he is going to bring home White Castle. I miss having one nearby so its a rarity.

Comment

Happy birthday Vera, I also have a christmas birthday

Comment

Sabine - Wouldn't it be coincidence if we shared the same date? And my husband's birthday is two days after mine (21 & 23). We went out for dinner to Firebirds and guess what? It was carry out only because most of the staff was out due to the virus. So, I ordered my steak and my husband his salmon. I think salmon holds up better than steak because we are a 20-mile drive home. Nothing worse than microwaving a steak to reheat so I ate it room temperature. Hubby zapped his for 30 seconds. It was good but better eaten at the restaurant where it comes right off the fire. Maybe next year.

Comment

Happy late birthday Sabine and Vera!

We had a little more snow last night and the high today is 22, needless to say nothing is melting out there. No problem, we’re safe and warm inside. Our WiFi seems to be down right now, but we have plenty of data, so again, not a problem. I’ve been reading Ken Follett’s The Evening and the Morning, interesting book and a pretty fast read for being over 900 pages. When I finish this one I’m going to read the 27th Stephanie Plum book for fun.

We’re going to have baked Costco fish sticks, Potatoes O’Brien and salad for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                  Sabine - Wouldn't it be coincidence if we shared the same date? And my husband's birthday is two days after mine (21 & 23). We went out for dinner to Firebirds and guess what? It was carry out only because most of the staff was out due to the virus. So, I ordered my steak and my husband his salmon. I think salmon holds up better than steak because we are a 20-mile drive home. Nothing worse than microwaving a steak to reheat so I ate it room temperature. Hubby zapped his for 30 seconds. It was good but better eaten at the restaurant where it comes right off the fire. Maybe next year.
                  Take out food , to eat at home just doesn't work for me. Food is usually cold and not good reheated. I am so sick and tired of Covid and all the restrictions that we are living under and no end in sight.

Comment

Working...
                  X