December 29 Dinner Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 29 Dinner Post

More snow, just a dusting, foggy, dreary and light rain at the moment. It will be cloudy today with the high of 43 and the low of 35.

Turkey burgers, oven sweet potato fries and coleslaw will be dinner.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I had a ton of mushrooms to use up so I am making stroganoff. I got the tree down and put away, the cats are very sad about this.

Comment

Poor kitties.

Comment

Have a light snow flurry going on now, its very pretty. I'm going to walk to post office, bank and library to get some fresh air, have not been out much this holiday. Dinner will be leftover chili, an early dinner for hubby then off to bed - to 'try' to sleep - MRI booked for 1:45 AM ugh! He has to travel an hour to get there, so the night will pretty much be a total write off for sleep.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I hope all goes well with the MRI for him Mudder. I will say some prayers for safe travels and positive results.

Comment

thank you livetobake.!

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Busy day. Joe requested cube steak just floured & fried, mashed potatos and peas. Quick and easy. YAY

Comment

We’re still surrounded by snow and ice, high temperature in the low 20’s and more snow expected tomorrow. Nothing has melted! So far it hasn’t been a problem for us, we made sure we were well stocked before this hit us. I’ve been reading this afternoon, I’m almost finished with my book and I’ll probably finish it tonight. Not much else going on.

We’re going to finish the stuffed pork loin and mashed potato casserole and I’ll make some spinach to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                    We’re still surrounded by snow and ice, high temperature in the low 20’s and more snow expected tomorrow. Nothing has melted! So far it hasn’t been a problem for us, we made sure we were well stocked before this hit us. I’ve been reading this afternoon, I’m almost finished with my book and I’ll probably finish it tonight. Not much else going on.

We’re going to finish the stuffed pork loin and mashed potato casserole and I’ll make some spinach to go with it.
                    Charlene, did you have this kind of snowy, icy weather last year ?

Comment

We did have snow a few times but the temperatures weren’t this low. We’re experiencing a Fraser River weather system from Canada and it’s causing very low temperatures in the region. If we feel the need to go out we do have a snow blower. It’s just so different from SoCal! We’re actually enjoying it very much.

Comment

We have a heat wave happening... hot today, scorching for the next two days, light relief on Sunday. Thank God for airconditioning.

Groceries were delivered last night, first time since Christmas. We didn't need much but what I ordered made a difference to what we were eating. Since John's hospitalisation, he's been so fussy about his food. He has rejected the bread that I make, preferring bake-at-home rolls that are imported from France. They are nice but I can't understand importing bread rolls. Bread is bread... flour, yeast, oil, sugar, salt. I'm past arguing with him. I ask what he wants for dinner and I make whatever he asks for.

Dinner last night: I made a sub for myself with ham, onion, pea shoots, cucumber, avocado and tomato followed by a mango. John had similar but with corned silverside and onion followed by Lindt chocolate...

Anyone else overrun with chocolates after Christmas?
                        You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
                        Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

Chayote - One can't have too much chocolate. It doesn't last in my house.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
                            We have a heat wave happening... hot today, scorching for the next two days, light relief on Sunday. Thank God for airconditioning.

Groceries were delivered last night, first time since Christmas. We didn't need much but what I ordered made a difference to what we were eating. Since John's hospitalisation, he's been so fussy about his food. He has rejected the bread that I make, preferring bake-at-home rolls that are imported from France. They are nice but I can't understand importing bread rolls. Bread is bread... flour, yeast, oil, sugar, salt. I'm past arguing with him. I ask what he wants for dinner and I make whatever he asks for.

Dinner last night: I made a sub for myself with ham, onion, pea shoots, cucumber, avocado and tomato followed by a mango. John had similar but with corned silverside and onion followed by Lindt chocolate...

Anyone else overrun with chocolates after Christmas?
                            Chocolate doesn't last here either.
                            I have to disagree with you Chayote on bread. Bread is not alike, there are so many different kind of breads, at least here in our country and they don't taste the same. There is the white sliced mushy bread and then there are all the artisan breads, with so many different flavors. I have never made bread in a bread machine so I have no clue what that tastes like.
                            Frozen bread rolls from France ? They are being shipped frozen all the way from France to Australia ? I find that hard to believe. Probably more like a company in Australia making those rolls with a recipe from a company in France, I don't know , just a guess on my part. Shipped from France would cost a fortune.

Comment

ooooh LOTS of chocolate here! Hubby stuffed my stocking with lots this year lol! Then I go out to the stores and get the discounted after Christmas chocolate hehee!

Comment

Working...
                              X