X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Happy New Year!

The morning is starting out with a cloud covered sky, dark and dreary with the high of 50 and the low of 28. It is predicted it will rain all day with it getting heavier as the day progresses.

A ham loaf, baked sweet potatoes and roasted broccoli will be dinner tonight.

What will be your first dinner of the new year?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another stinking hot day but this heatwave should end tomorrow about midday. I spent an hour outside tonight watering the gardens and now have mosquito bites on my legs. They'll settle down soon... I don't have a bad reaction to them. I've managed to nurse my vegetable garden through the hot weather. Also the fruit trees although we don't have many apricots this year. Lots of blood plums due to ripen early February.

I made some pumpkin soup today and will share it with Tiff. Immy loves it.

For dinner tonight, John had a small beef steak with potato, pumpkin, peas and onion. I had a bowl of pumpkin soup followed by a mango. I'll cook some bake-at-home rolls for our supper before bed.
    You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
    Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE I feel this yr will be the best one in A LONG time.
      Joe has traditional pork & sauerkraut. I'll make some mash potatos for him. I will graze cause I don't like kraut.

Comment

I have hoppin John in the crockpot and will grill some chicken. It is quickly turning cold out.

Comment

Happy New Year!
          It's a very dull day, mild but turning colder...hubby is down at the lake putting a flood on for a rink.
          Dinner will be simple...leftover ham and perogys, baked beans
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s mid afternoon and I’m wondering what I can make for dinner but nothing sounds good at all.

Comment

Had all intentions to make a pork tenderloin with polenta. When I was at the store two days ago, store was sold out of polenta. Had planned to go back to store today but it was cold and rainy and didn't feel like making the 12-mile drive. Will go tomorrow. I've never made polenta before but had it at a restaurant once and it was pretty good. Of course, the restaurant version is probably far better than what I will make but I will give it a try. So, I dragged out a frozen pizza - good grief, why do I even buy that? I guess on occasions like this when you want something quick it doesn't have to be great. Are there any decent frozen pizzas out there? There is no delivery where we live. This one was Red Baron, thin and crispy but I've also purchased Tombstone and some other brands just to have in case we aren't super hungry but want a little something. Not starting the new year off with a great meal.

Comment

Vera I think it sounds like a yum supper. I am a fan. My fav frozen pizza is Digorino crispy pan. Supreme is best but impossible to find. The 3 meat is good. Don't like the pepperoni or the cheese.

Mudder I know zip about a rink. Is it in the lake or beside the lake? How does that work?

Comment

Happy New Year!

It’s been a cold and lazy day today. I did get up and watch the Rose Parade this morning, definitely didn’t make me wish we were back down there! When I was in junior high our family went to see it twice, darn near froze to death the first time and the going home traffic was ridiculous, even back in the late 50’s.

I was going to put a corned beef into the Crock Pot late last night and I totally forgot about doing it, so I’ll try to remember to do it tonight. We’re going to finish the gochujang chicken and tortellini and have some salad with it tonight.

Comment

When CharleneG mentions she is getting Papa Murphy's pizza, I sigh. It is a chain that makes the pizza for you but you bake it at home - delicious. The closest one to me was about 50 miles away but I was in Northern Virginia often and would stop by and have a couple made. The pizzas come on an oven safe tray, so you just bake it up - nice and fresh and hot out of the oven. The Northern Virginia one closed. The closest one is Williamsburg, Virginia - about a two hour plus drive - not going that far. I always get the thin crust as pan pizza has too many carbs.

Sabine - there is nothing wrong with Pizza Hut pizza. I haven't been to a Pizza Hut in years so I don't know about their buffet but I'll bet it doesn't exist anymore right now.

Comment

Yes, I am familiar with papa murphy's pizza , I like it, but we only have 2 locations here in town and both are just plain to far away for me to get the pizza .
                      I don't like thick pan pizza at all. I guess I have to learn to do without pizza !

Comment

Vera, we are lucky, there are a few Papa Murphy’s fairly close to us and luckily Stanwood has one about 1-1/2 miles from us. We love the thin crust and honestly feel it’s about the best pizza we’ve ever had. Maybe they’ll reopen around you one of these days? We’ve got Little Caesar’s, MOD, Round Table and Pizza Hut not that far from us too.

Have you ever tried Round Table? They are very good too.

Comment

We have MOD pizza close to us, I forgot all about them. I like their pizzas.
                          They opened shortly before covid hit. I hope they are still open, got to check them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post

Sabine - there is nothing wrong with Pizza Hut pizza. I haven't been to a Pizza Hut in years so I don't know about their buffet but I'll bet it doesn't exist anymore right now.
                            Pizza hut "thin and crispy" was always my favourite. I remember taking my Mum to a Pizza Hut restaurant in Melbourne where you paid an entry fee and you could serve yourself with whatever you wanted. Mum always only ate ham and pineapple pizza so I ordered her one just for her so she didn't need to wait for it to be replenished.

Pizza Hut is almost done in Australia... there's one very small outlet, takeaway only, in our town. According to Google there are only 270 stores Australia-wide now.
                            You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
                            Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

Working...
                            X