Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Yup, it snowed last night, and the ground is covered. The high will be 33 and the low of 24 along with more snow today.

Dinner last night turned into a sheet pan meal with the ham loaf, broccoli, sweet potatoes, cauliflower and parsnips. The vegetables will become vegetable soup along with the ham loaf making some delicious grilled sandwiches with smoked gouda cheese.

What will be your dinner this Sunday?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I'm about to go to bed... until now I've been knitting but I ran out of yarn and will have to find another ball in the packing room. It can wait until tomorrow.

Dinner was steak, airfryer potato wedges, airfryer pumpkin, peas, beans and onion... I had the same as John minus the steak and onion.

Might have found the van we want to buy... I'll be phoning the dealership when I get up in the morning. It's a VW Caddy Maxi van. Cute little van that I hope our scooters will fit in.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Puppy duty has been keeping me busy and exhausted!! I made instant pot chicken and brown rice for dinner.

Comment

We actually got above freezing today and the snow has finally started to melt a bit. We can actually see our driveway again. It’s been kind of a lazy day, did some reading, some napping and got our trash out. We didn’t get pick up last week so we really needed it. Tomorrow I really intend to get something done for a change.

I put my corned beef brisket in the Crock Pot last night and let it cook on Low all night and turned it off this morning. It is tender and juicy and cuts like warm butter, so YUM! We’re having cheesy scalloped potatoes and some green beans with it.

Comment

Charlene - How do you prepare your corned beef in the crockpot? Can you put it over on Tried and True? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
            Charlene - How do you prepare your corned beef in the crockpot? Can you put it over on Tried and True? Thanks.
            I really don’t have a recipe for it. I spray the Crock Pot with non-stick spray, put the rack in the crock that came with it, set the corned beef in the pot with the fat side up and put in all the stuff from inside the package along with about 2 cups of water, maybe less. I don’t submerge the meat at all. I put a sheet of plastic wrap over the top of the pot to keep steam in and put the crock lid over that. I set it to low and let it cook overnight, probably about 10 hours. That brisket came out fork tender and juicy and was just wonderful!

Comment

I guess it doesn't get easier than that. Thanks, Charlene.

Comment

You’re welcome Vera!

Comment

Working...
                X