Who knew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knew

That the hardest part of being an adult is figuring out what to cook for dinner every single night for the rest of your life until you die.

Rosie - Especially when you have a husband who doesn't cook or grill. Glad we both like leftovers so it isn't a new meal 7 days a week. I know some people who don't like leftovers! Sometimes leftovers are better than the original meal. As my husband says, "I will stay out of your kitchen, and you stay out of my garage!"

Comment

Joe is a good cook but doesn't do it very often. I love to cook but sometimes I just can't come up with anything even tho I have 3 freezers full. Joe says just open the door and whatever falls out cook it. Lol
      We.always eat leftovers. Waste of any kind is a No No in this house. With Chayotes blitz I've whittled down the freezers and the animals have been very happy too.
      Last edited by rosie; 01-02-2022, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I lost my husband and so unless the kids are in town I really don't do much for dinner. Fortunately I went out with the gals from church for lunch.

Comment

MommaBear. I didn't know. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Comment

We eat leftovers regularly and really enjoy them. I’m really trying to cook smaller amounts most of the time but like Vera said, sometimes the leftovers taste better later. I frequently eat small amounts of leftovers for breakfast/lunch. I’ve done that ever since I was little.

Comment

I don't like to cook , never have and never will. Before covid we went out to eat , either a late lunch or early dinner, several times a week , which we enjoyed and then covid hit and our routine had to change.
              No, don't care much for leftovers either. I try to cook just enough for one meal, and that is not easy sometimes.

Comment

I'm like you, Sabine... I've never liked cooking which makes me wonder how my girls ever learned to cook the way they do. John wanted to learn to cook during COVID but after he came home from hospital he hasn't done anything. I cook his porridge for breakfast and his dinner. We don't really eat lunch because breakfast can be anytime from 7am to 3pm. During the day, if we are hungry we just raid the fridge. I'm annoyed that he doesn't want the homemade bread now but secretly I'm happy not to be baking every day. I'll use up the flour I have by baking bread for Tiff and I'll have a go at hot cross buns if I still have flour at Easter.

Vera: John said a similar thing when we moved into this house 37 years ago... "You house, me shed". I remind him of that occasionally and suggest that I put his bed out there...

Maybe we should start a petition to have daily cooked meals included in the wedding vows. I might have reconsidered had I known.
                Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

As I drink my coffee in the morning, the first thing I ask my husband is 'what would you like for dinner tonite' ? He just shakes his head and says to me that he has more important things on his mind than thinking of dinner. I do all of the cooking. I do most of the BBQ-ing. Our son who is still living with us - since the pandemic started - likes to buy us all some good steaks every few weeks in summer time and then he does the cooking. Nice break for me. We do have leftovers a lot, thank God DH doesn't mind! I just seem to have been in a rut the last few years, struggling to come up with dinner ideas. I used to spend hours in the kitchen, and was quit happy about it...I still do love to cook but now it seems I really have to be in the mood lol! I've been planning to make cabbage rolls for about 3 months now!
                  A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I don't mind cooking for a party , or a family gathering,, holiday meals, it's the everyday cooking for just the two of us that drives me crazy , and basically I fix the same over and over and over.....

Comment

I hate to cook and planning a meal in advance is just not me. I decide on the night of the meal, open cans, or peel potatoes and cook. I've started making more casseroles and soups that can last a few days when I'm in he mood for pre-planning.

Comment

For clarity Rosie - It is MY husband that doesn't cook or grill. After I re-read my comment, it sounded like I meant your husband - not at all. Sorry for the goof.

Comment

No no Vera I didn't think that. I knew you meant yours. lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X