Any Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas?

Ok, I've been in cookie-making mode for a little while. I discovered the cake mix crinkle cookies and tried the red velvet one today. I like the texture of them, but added a few too many mini chocolate chips to the recipe and that is what it tastes like....semi-sweet mini chips.
    I've been thinking about trying an inside-out German chocolate crinkle...coconut/pecan icing or filling inside the cookie, but have no idea how to thicken the frosting enough so it doesn't run out of the cookie. Any ideas on how to thicken it up a bit? Will probably buy the canned frosting. Maybe adding a little more powdered sugar or corn starch?

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
    Any ideas on how to thicken it up a bit? Will probably buy the canned frosting. Maybe adding a little more powdered sugar or corn starch?
    G'day, Allie... I'd thicken the frosting with powdered sugar. I usually also add a dob of soft butter just because it cuts through the sugar taste.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I actually have a recipe for a pound cake that I have made several times that calls for a can of coconut pecan frosting in the batter. There is no leaking. I don't think you need to add anything additional.

Comment

I bought a can of the coconut pecan frosting today and will see how thick it is. I'll take some small dabs and freeze them slightly first, before putting them in the cookie dough. I've done the mounds cookies with the little ball of coconut filling in the chocolate crinkle and it worked just fine, but that was thicker stuff. I guess it's trial and error for this recipe.

Comment

Working...
        X