Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 3rd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is another dark and dreary morning with more snow overnight with the sun peeking out from the clouds later today. The high of 29 and the low 23.

I just put a roast in the crockpot and will add the potatoes, carrots and onions later for dinner tonight. The house will smell so good all day.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Well I goofed up. Was gonna get out a pork butt to cook today but fell into the James Taylor/Carol King special & forgot. So spaghetti garlic bread & salad.

Comment

I had an early Dr appointment and ran some errands and am home for the next few days I hope. Hubs was off for the last 2 days, it was nice him being able to rest. We are listing one house this week and it will be at least another 3 weeks before we start the next project, so hopefully he will be home more for a while. I picked up a nice prime rib this morning because why not. That will be dinner and I started a crock pot of ranch mushrooms. I remember I got the mushroom recipe from here forever ago and its still something I make on a regular basis.

Comment

Muzette - I love mushrooms. Would you mind posting it in Tried and True or at least the name of the person and recipe and I can try and find it here? I too have a small prime rib in the freezer, but we are on generator for now due to this winter storm. Husband shut down the furnaces due to the electronics and commercial power kept fluctuating. So, ovens are offline for now (they are a big power draw).

Comment

Baked Boursin Pasta. Made a mistake and over ordered too many of the cheese so I am making the best of it.
          www.perfectlyposh/510sigpic

Comment

It is nice seeing you post Sharkie. Have a safe and healthy new year.

Comment

Vera, I double checked posts and this is the recipe muzette uses for Ranch mushrooms. They are a huge hit!

RANCH MUSHROOMS

1 stick butter
              1 lb mushrooms, cleaned
              1 envelope Ranch dressing mix

Put in crockpot on low 4 hours.

I usually do at least 2 pounds of mushroom with that amount of butter and Ranch dressing mix. These are very popular at potlucks and go fast.

Comment

Yes Charlene, that is the recipe. I also use at least 2 lbs of mushrooms, sometimes more but do not adjust the other seasonings. Another recipie from here I stil make on the regular is Best Ever Corn, I think Nuisance posted it forever ago.

Comment

muz,

Remember that recipe but can't find it. Can you bump it up and tell me what forum it is in? Thanks.

Comment

Thanks, Charlene - I printed it out. Sounds pretty tasty. Wasn't familiar with this recipe. Glad Muzette mentioned it.

Comment

The Best Ever Corn one.

Comment

Hello Sharkie

It was FREEZING here this morning! -23. Hubby was up throughout night keeping the woodstove loaded.
                        Just finishing off some mac & cheese with ham for dinner ...it was a delicious maple flavoured ham and it really gave a nice flavour to the mac & cheese. Very yummy.
                        We are going backwards here....covid crap! Schools are shut down again, restaurants are just take-out, stores 1/2 capacity. blah blah blah. Sooooo sick and tired of it all!
                        Hubby and I go for our booster shots tomorrow.
                        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

We’ve had a bit of everything so far today, sprinkles, wind, sun and best of all warm enough to melt most of the snow. Abby was so happy to see grass out there this morning. I did a bunch of dusting and vacuuming, now I’m relaxing. Tomorrow we have Wave Broadband coming out to fix the WiFi that’s been off for a week.

We’re picking up a Papa Murphy’s pizza and an Italian salad. We’ll have one of them tonight, and one tomorrow night, not sure which will be first yet.

Comment

LTB all I remember was Nu posted the recipe.

Comment

Working...
                            X