Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The wind has died down after blowing so hard yesterday and last evening. Wind gusts are expected again today along with snow and the high of 26 and the low of 18.

We will have the rest of the casserole we had last night along with a Waldorf salad.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland!
    I plan to make ground turkey meatballs with broccoli/onion/celery/green pepper/mushrooms in sauce served over rice
    I 'may' take down our Christmas tree today...its always such a hard thing for me to do!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Your dinner sounds good Mudder.

Christmas will be back before you know it!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Slow day because of the weather... hot and very humid so it's uncomfortable. Had to pull some weeds out to fill our green bin that went out tonight and managed to scratch my hand on a weed that I'm allergic to. Hand swelled up for a couple of hours. I also have black fingers due to a new inkjet falling apart while I was putting it into my old printer. I intend buying a new printer/scanner but want to use up the inkjets I still have for the old one. Now I get to have ink-stained hands for however long it will take to wear off.

For dinner I cooked chicken wings on the BBQ outside. I also had some coleslaw but John just had the chicken. For dessert John had some cherries and I had watermelon.

Now I'm going back to an hour of knitting before bed.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Finally got out today to run some errands. Still no power here since Monday morning - ugh. The outage map showed we were supposed to get it yesterday; well, that didn't happen. Stopped at a restaurant for lunch and husband and I got really good salads - his was salmon and I got pecan crusted chicken on greens and other goodies. Since it is a dinner salad, we both ate only half so that will be our dinner tonight. This was a pretty intense storm that hit our area Monday morning. There is debris everywhere, so you have to be careful on our two-lane roads where branches stick out in the roadway. And, on top of all that misery, we are expecting snow tonight into tomorrow morning but a dry snow and not the wet stuff we just experienced that caused trees to topple. Maybe tomorrow power will return; keeping fingers crossed.

Comment

I am keeping my fingers crossed that your power comes back on tomorrow, 4 days is 4 days too long ....
            Went to the grocery store this pm and so many empty shelves, I felt like I was back in march 2020, unbelievable we are going through this c*** again. Can rationing be far behind.
            Tried to get some Tylenol pills and all those shelves were empty, had to go to CVS to get some.

Comment

It’s been cold, gray and wet all day. I was out for a while getting a haircut, dropping off an item at the post office, went to the drive thru ATM at the bank to get some cash, set up another Wave Broadband tech visit and then went to the Community Resource Center. They have a used book store in there so I dropped off 5 books to donate and bought 3 to read. They have a really great selection there and the prices are excellent, I’ll definitely be back.

I’m going to make the Cook’s Country creamed chipped corned beef on biscuits for dinner and we’ll have some veggies on the side.

Comment

When I went to bed yesterday they said we were expecting an inch or so of snow, now they are calling for up to a foot by tomorrow. Since we may or may not get walloped tomorrow we took the day to go to southern Ohio near the West Virginia border to look at a lake house that is going up for auction Tuesday. Its a cute little cottage so we will see what happens. We just picked up dinner at the bodega, easy enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                X