Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 7th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I was up at 4 this morning, ground had a trace of snow, up at 7 and there is about 4 inches of snow, and it is coming down hard and thick. The high will be in the low 20's, low in the low teens and the wind chill can be as low as -2 today. We are expecting at least 6 inches and more in the snowbelt. I am so lucky that I am in the snowbelt!!

Ham and bean soup, cornbread waffles, and Waldorf salad will be dinner. It is a good day for soup simmering on the stove.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Things went well at dentist yesterday. He didn't seem to.suffer too much. Headed back shortly. It is SO cold. O with wind chill 3 below. Pulled chicken broth with meat. Will have chicken noodles and mashed potatos.

Comment

I am glad things went well for Joe and hope he continues on that path.

It sounds like you and I are both making comfort food on this cold wintry day. Drive safe and keep warm today.

Comment

Tiff and Immy came up today to pick apricots and then Tiff helped me to get some packed boxes out to the green shed. We have a real estate agent coming over on Wednesday and I'm hoping to move all the boxes out. Tiff has been such a help with our packing, etc. She's coming back on Sunday when there'll be more apricots to pick and more boxes to move.

John had pork spareribs for dinner with mashed potatoes and peas. I had spaghetti bolognaise.

Once again I'm going to do an hour of knitting while my hair dries. It's 2.30am and I'm just out of the shower. I think that John and I qualify as being nocturnal...
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Frosty and frigid here! Woke up to -25 with the windchill. We had a power outage last nite from 7pm to 4:30 am. Apparently lines down at a hydro station, then a transformer fire, approx 10,000 ppl affected. Thank God for the woodstove, kept us toasty warm all nite!
          Dinner will be a clean out the fridge meal!
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It is amazing how a woodstove can be such a blessing not only for heat but for cooking on it.

I am watching the snow swirl and dance in the wind and am so grateful for the aroma of the soup simmering in a warm house.

Stay warm and have a good day Mudder.

Comment

thank you!
              as much as I'd love to get out and take some pictures, the trees just look so gorgeous with all the snow on them! I'm quiet happy to stay indoors, trying to download our vaccine certificates on our phones and I'm having a heck of a time lol! Then I have to try to figure out why I cannot scan& email...I really do need to figure this out as this is often the way I send paper work to our book keeper...I'm not a very techy person!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

You are welcome!!

I am subzero when this tech stuff is involved. The harder I try the less I understand. I have finally decided that everyone has their weak areas and that is mine. Now give me a bag of food, bag of yarn and other items that are my strong points and I can knock it out. God luck with the downloading and email scanning!!

Comment

It’s been a bit warmer today but it’s been quite windy here and other areas around us are getting a lot of rain and the passes in the Cascades are all closed due to heavy snow until Sunday. We’ve been taking it easy today. Today is Ken’s birthday, I get to be the young chick for the next 7 months!

We’re going to Jimmy’s for dinner tonight, Ken’s choice. I know he’ll have tiger prawn alfredo, I think I’ll have prawn fresco. I baked a cherry pineapple dump cake for the birthday cake dessert.

Comment

Happy birthday Ken !!!

Comment

Ken says “Thanks!”

Comment

Working...
                      X