Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 9th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I started raining last evening and I have heard snow sliding off the roof most of the night. The high will be 40 and dropping throughout the day till we hit a cold low of 16. It will be so icy and slippery driving from all the melted snow and rain. The chance of rain will be 90% today.

As of now I think a breakfast casserole with sausage and spinach in it along with home fries, biscuits and applesauce will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Milder today, snow is coming off branches...I will have to wait for another snowfall to get some pics
    I'm going to boil down a turkey carcass for soup I will make for Monday.
    Dinner will be chicken done 'some way' in the air fryer lol not sure of sides yet
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Hamburger gravy. I'll have to make more mashed potatos (getting sick of mashed) but it's what he can eat so it's ok.
      worked on a new crochet pattern last night. The alpine stitch. The yarn I used was not a good yarn for it. It is a pillow cover. So on this gray rainy day I'm gonna start over with nicer yarn. Thought it would be hard but once ya get goin it's really quite easy and so pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        worked on a new crochet pattern last night. The alpine stitch. The yarn I used was not a good yarn for it. It is a pillow cover. So on this gray rainy day I'm gonna start over with nicer yarn. Thought it would be hard but once ya get goin it's really quite easy and so pretty.
        rosie, my Grandma taught me that using poor quality yarn is an insult to your talent. That has stuck with me for over 60 years. I'm struggling through a blanket that my sister asked for and I said I would do it if she bought the yard and chose anything other than Stallion brand at our craft shop. You can guess what she bought... Stallion! $1.50 a ball, made in China and it's full of knots and even has pieces of grass all through it. She asked for two blankets, I've finished the first one and 3/4 of the way through the second one. I hate working on it and I'll probably never make another large blanket again.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I've spent most of my day in the kitchen. I made more of the secret family dip for Tiff and baked her a loaf of bread. I also made coleslaw. I've started cleaning out the fridge. Wish there wasn't so much chocolate in there. Although I appreciate the gifts, next Christmas we'll be living in Adelaide and won't be getting gifts of chocolate.

Dinner tonight: John had sausages, chips and eggs; I had arancini balls and coleslaw.

Home help comes tomorrow to do some housework that I can't do. I might have found a gardener to tidy up the gardens and rake up leaves. He can't fit us in for another 10 days. I'll be trying to sweep some of the leaves up in that time.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

rosie,

If you and Joe like mac and cheese that might be an option instead of potatoes. Green beans or cottage cheese would go with it nicely. Just a thought.

I am glad he is eating and pushing through the situation.

Such a dreary, rainy day here. Have a good day!

Comment

I am supposed to pretend I like the rain so the puppy likes it. Its not working, he just looks at me like I am a dummy for standing out in the cold. Its going to be fun when it turns to ice tonight. Keeping it simple, making instant pot spaghetti. I also have some frozen Brazilian cheese bread from Sams so I am going to bake those up as well.

Comment

Chayote. YES I agree. I have been looking at this pattern for awhile & putting off trying. I use the cheapie harsh yarn for baskets because it holds its shape where a nicer yarn kinda sags. Had a skein laying here so started. I knew quickly it was not going to be nice so I stopped. I have never had yarn do as you speak of. I have told folks if you want something in Red Heart the answer is NO.

LTB. That all sounds wonderful to me I think this coming week he'll be doing those things. For now I will make whatever he ask for. He is taking antibiotics too& his tummy is touchy. TY for ideas and caring

Muz. Lol you crack me up. Having a pup is so much fun tho.

Comment

rosie,

You are welcome. I know when I had dental work several years ago, I was on a scalloped potato kick, as they were soft and a comfort food. Of course, a lot of cheese on top did not hurt either!!

That is nice of you making what he wants and making sure he is getting healthy food.

Comment

Ya know they say what goes around comes around. I know I'm headed for the same thing so...... hopefully. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                      Ya know they say what goes around comes around. I know I'm headed for the same thing so...... hopefully. Lol
                      Have you thought about getting your husband some Protein shakes ? Protein is important for healing and you don't have to chew anything. Just a thought.

Comment

I am sure he will. He can buy a ticket at the budget rate and go visit Ireland when all is said and done!!

Comment

It was a gorgeous day today! I woke up with a nasty headache but a couple half doses of Sumatriptan got rid of it. We took a drive this afternoon out Highway 9 through the Skagit Valley area up to Sedro Wooley and back and the Cascade views were amazing.

We’re going to have more of the creamed chipped corned beef on biscuits tonight and some fruit with it.

Comment

OMGOSH LTB. He would be over the moon. I doubt he'd come back.

Comment

Unless you were with him, I am sure he would. He would miss you.

Comment

Working...
                              X