Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 10th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is cold with snow expected with 5-8 inches. The high today will be 21 and the low of 9. Downright cold and the wind chill will put us below 0.

Today is a good day for French onion soup, grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and baked apples.

What will be your dinner this Monday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am hanging out with the dog today and probably won’t go anywhere. Next trip out I will. Gas up my car and pick up juice.

Comment

I put a chuck roast in the crock pot, it smells so good. Going to make some mashed potatoes to go with it. It is very icy out today and the wind just cuts right through you. I got up so early that I am ready for a nap and its only 9 am lol.

Comment

Home help came this afternoon... she was new to us and to be honest, I can't see what she did. The house is always clean but I did expect to see that had cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed the floors. Oh, well... there's always next week. I'll vacuum as best I can tomorrow.

I've been moving boxes from the guest room to the door nearest the playground. Next step is to get them out into the green shed tomorrow.

Other than moving boxes, all I've done today is a couple of loads of washing and drying and in between I did some knitting. I'm very much enjoying knitting baby jackets for my future market stall in Adelaide.

For dinner we each had a small piece of lean steak. For a change I ate all my steak and enjoyed it. I made sure I cooked it rare. John had his as a steak sandwich with onion, tomato, bacon and an egg. I had mine on a plate with coleslaw.
        You know what sounds amazing for dinner?
        Anything I don't have to cook!

Comment

I love the thought of Johns sandwiches. There are combos I never thought of. But they sound so good. When Joe can chew again we are going to try some.
          my sis cleaned once a week for me yrs ago. She has been gone since 08. She would move Joe's stuff. He would be very upset. So when she would leave I had to rush to get his thimgs back & put away her cleaning supplies. I was more worn out than if I had cleaned myself. She needed the money and would not accept it without doing work for it. I found it exhausting
          oh. We're having leftovers

Comment

Beauty, frigid day here, sun is gloriously shining! We got dumped on last nite, so much that no one is working today...snow day's aren't just for kids!!!
            Our furnace is still out but, hubby keeps the beast in the basement humpin' round the clock, very cosy in here.
            I made the turkey soup this morning, and hubs is having a big bowl now after plowing the driveway.
            Thinking of an easy meal for dinner....frozen veal cutlets, Lipton SideKicks noodles and peas.
            It was my first time doing chicken in the air fryer last nite, and my oh my was it ever good! Very moist, tender and flavourful. I want to attempt steak, but will leave that up to DS, he's the expert steak cooker-upper
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I make steaks in the air fryer when it is to cruddy to do them on the grill because I am a baby and hate being out there. Last time I marinated them in some kind of packet mix and I didnt like it but hubs loved it, go figure. I have some egg roll wrappers so I will be stuffing them with something yummy and air frying them.

Comment

It is so cold here also Mudder. The furnace keeps kicking on and I am so glad hearing that noise and feeling the heat. The wind is howling, and the snow is swirling in every direction. It takes your breath away when you go out so i am staying in. The soup is smelling good so will be a welcome meal tonight.

Comment

I have thought about an air fryer but just have not got one. Maybe someday.

Comment

Air fryer? Do you (anyone) have the kind that has the "drawer" that pulls out or the one that looks like a toaster oven? I think I would like the one that looks like a toaster oven. I believe it bakes, toast, broiles and air fries.

Comment

I had thought that I would purchase a large one that kinda looks like a large toaster oven,,,has 2 glass doors that swing out, and a few shelves. Was heading this route thinking of cooking for when we have all our kids/spouses over. Hubby bought us a Ninja Foodi Grill. It is not like a toaster oven type of looking thing, more like a deep fryer looking thing, but not as deep. It is a substantial size, cooked up 4 hamburgers no problem. It air crisps, roasts, bakes, dehydrates and grills. So far we are just loving this new appliance. I don't know why we waited so long to get one

Comment

I have a Kitchen Aide toaster oven and I just love it. Six different rack positions, two racks, bakes, broils, toasts and convention when on bake and I also have another one longer and I can put a 9x13 pan in that one and other sizes that do not fit in the other one. I have been known having both on different counters and plugs going at the same time. I just love them.

Comment

Our son has a toaster/convection oven, pretty handy. I was surprised how long it too to toast a bagel tho lol! And he has a reg/convection oven. We cooked the turkey in the convection oven this Christmas, first time for me, cuts back some time. The chicken breasts last nite were cooked from frozen, I was skeptical about this, and only took 22 mins.

Comment

A bagel in mine takes about two minutes. That is done medium darkness. I would think like any oven they vary in time depending on voltage.

Comment

I bought a small air fryer last year, not that impressed with it at all. I probably should have gotten a bigger, better one, but I think I can probably live without one at this point.

It’s been very cool and cloudy all day, such a difference from yesterday. I did a one bag grocery run earlier and Wave Broadband came out and changed out our WiFi equipment and got us fully hooked up again. Yay! Other than that it’s been a quiet day. I had a nice long chat with my oldest granddaughter in TN too, it’s always nice to hear from her.

We’re going to finish up our leftovers from Jimmy’s tonight and have some salad with it. Tiger prawn Alfredo for Ken, lasagna for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X