Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 11th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Dang, it is cold, bitter cold this morning. The high of 23 and the low of 20. Still cold but better than last night. Mostly cloudy again.

I am morphing the French onion soup from last night into gravy and simmering Salisbury steak in it, along with mashed potatoes, green beans, salad and the last of the baked apples.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Busy day moving boxes to the green shed. Tiff came down after she finished work and moved everything that was packed in boxes out to the green shed. Over the next couple of days I should be able to pack a few more boxes and get some order back into the guest room and nursery.

Real estate agent is coming to chat with us tomorrow afternoon. I have a long list of questions for him.

Tiff stayed for dinner tonight. She and I had spaghetti bolognaise. John had a steak sandwich. Tiff had been to the shops and picked up a small pavlova topped with cream and fruit (strawberries, kiwi fruit and passionfruit) marked down to $3. We happily tucked in to that sweet dessert. John doesn't like pavlova or cream or fruit other than apples, oranges and cherries. He missed out big time.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Joe ask for soft boiled eggs. I think I'll fry some turkey smoked sausage, gr. Pepper & onions.

Comment

I don’t have a clue yet what to fix for dinner. I have a couple of meals I have frozen but nothing sounds really good.

Comment

MommaBear,

When all else fails for me, it is toast with peanut butter and some fruit. No cooking, cleanup and ready in less than 3-4 minutes.

Comment

It’s been raining most of the day but the temperatures were in the high 40’s to low 50’s. This is another one of the “Atmospheric River” conditions so there’s a big chance of more flooding in the lowland areas. We really haven’t done much today at all.

I’m making Spanish Rice main dish for dinner, with some fruit on the side. It’s been awhile since I made it.

Comment

Another frigid day! We went into town today, hubby had to go for blood work. His Dr called yesterday with his MRI results...not good! His knee is basically totally messed she said! Rips and tears galore and a bone chip on his knee cap, besides the arthritis, figuring surgery for sure. Being referred to an ortho, hopefully doesn't have to wait too long to see him, but with all the back logs, who knows.
              While in town, we stopped in to see our grandson, have not seen him since Christmas.
              Simple dinner of the frozen veal cutlets I was going to do the other day.
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I boiled a box of noodles and put butter on them and called it a day. I need an MRI for my shoulder. I told the DR I am not dying and since everything is short staffed we are going to wait at least 6 weeks to see where everything is at then. I mean I do not want to walk into a hospital loaded with sick people. I am not even crazy about going to physical therapy but I would say my shoulder is at least 50% better than when I started so why not.

Comment

I am sorry hearing about your hubby'a knee. I hope if he has surgery that his recovery will be without issues and a small amount of pain. If he has it.

It is so cold here also. The wind is just bitter. Is your furnace fixed yet? I bet the woodstove has been your best friend!!

Comment

muz,

I am happy your shoulder is doing better. I feel the same about going in a place that you know people are sick if it is not necessary or critical.

Hopefully we will be warmer tomorrow with a day of sunshine and then back into the cold again.

Comment

Working...
                    X