Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 15th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The high today will 23 and the low a cold 13 with mostly cloudy skies.

I am heading in the direction of sloppy joes, oven sweet potato fries and jello with bananas in it.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Another packing day but with the help of Tim, Tiff and Immy. Tim and Tiff were in the garage with John and Immy was with me. She went out to see her Dad and he asked her, "what is Grandma doing?" Immy answered, "she's wrapping china in bubble wrap". The smarty pants said to her, "she's wrapping the whole of China? That would take a lot of bubble wrap!" Immy responded with... "I think you know, Dad, that china is pottery and not just a country" I told her that she's a lot smarter than her Dad. She said, "yes I know but he doing his best"... *LOL* Out of the mouths of babes...

I have emptied my china cabinet and wrapped and boxed most of it. Just have the teapots (3) and cups (20) to do tomorrow and then I'll start of something else. Tim is 6'8" so before he went home I asked him to take out everything in the high cupboards in the kitchen so now I have to either pack or discard.

Our dinner tonight: John had lamb steak, mashed potato, peas and carrots; I had a small lamb steak, coleslaw and pea shoots.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Fish, mac/cheese. Some sort of veggie probably peas for Joe, carrots for me. peach cobbler

LOL Immy. Priceless

Comment

Making gyro salad for dinner, easy peasy.

Comment

It is freezing again here...oil line in to house froze again so only wood heat (downstairs). Hydro went off again! omg its so frustrating. Expected restoration time was 5 pm, but it just came back on now after being off an hour or so. I had a load of clothes in the washer and I think the wash cycle has re started 3 times - after hydro flickering off and on a few times. Now I smell a weird odour coming from washer, hope its over heating or something.
          Hubby and I are on our own for a week, DS has gone to Costa Rica for a week along with our other DS and his wife and Kian! Our DD and her hubby have gone along too. So hubs suggested we go to town and get some take out for dinner. We have so many gift certiicates for restaurants to use up...decided on getting some fish & chip dinners from a barrel house
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I hope your oil line gets thawed soon Mudder. Maybe shut the washer off till later when the electric is working better?

It is bitter cold here with the wind blowing so dang hard. It just cuts right into your bones and makes them feel so stiff. I went and filled the car this morning and I could hardly breathe the wind and cold were just taking my breath away even with my mask on. The sky is cloudless and full of sun that is deceiving and will be even colder without the cloud cover. I remember in August thinking I need remembering how I wanted cooler weather when I am frigid cold this winter. I will now remember this when I am stinking hot come summer. Can't win!!!
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Hubby bought some kind of a heat cable today, so hopefully will thaw the line.
              I'd sure rather have the heat instead of this cold,,,chills ya to the bone!
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

It’s been a strange day today, we’ve had really heavy fog all around the area most of the day. We started out bright and sunny. There have also been tsunami warnings for all the west coastal areas due to the volcanic eruption near Tonga. We’re not in danger at all because we’re at least 200 feet in elevation.

I’m going to make chicken fried steak and gravy, garlic mashed potatoes and corn for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                  It’s been a strange day today, we’ve had really heavy fog all around the area most of the day. We started out bright and sunny. There have also been tsunami warnings for all the west coastal areas due to the volcanic eruption near Tonga. We’re not in danger at all because we’re at least 200 feet in elevation.

I’m going to make chicken fried steak and gravy, garlic mashed potatoes and corn for dinner.
                  When I got up this morning and turned TV on , the first thing I heard was about the tsunami warning for Hawaii and the West coast and I thought about you Charlene. Glad you are ok.

Comment

Thanks Sabine! The area where we are has 2 pretty good sized islands between us and the Pacific Ocean. I think they might have had some small surges but haven’t heard about any damage so far. Hey, we got it all here! Rain, snow, earthquakes, volcanoes, avalanches and floods!

Comment

we are also getting tsunami warnings but it won't affect us. Sydney and the Queensland coast are more likely. Tonga is much closer to us than the USA but I think with a tsunami, that's safer than being far away. Such a little island is having a huge impact.
                      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                      X