Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

If I "sound" muffled it is because I am coming from under about 16" of snow and it is still coming down with a mission of putting down several more inches. It is snowing so hard that I can hardly see across the street. A true nightmare for so many. The high will be 29 and the low of 22. I just checked and they are now saying we will get 18 inches or more today.

Dinner will be a pork roast, potatoes, carrots and onions that will be a welcome aroma this afternoon.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I said what snow storm???? lol, well, its here. First day for kids back to school after 2 week online classes, and buses/schools cancelled...not surprised!
    I am gathering up ingredients to make cabbage rolls, and wonder if that's such a great idea? My luck the hydro would go out right in the middle of making them. Stumped here now!
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Making Crockpot beef stew. Prepped most of it yesterday (celery, carrots, onions, browned beef) refrigerated and took out this morning only adding the potatoes, bay leaves, basil and the liquid.

It snowed yesterday and with all the warnings, our snowstorm we had two weeks ago was much worse. We didn't lose power this time. Melting today and I can see the driveway but there may be a refreeze tonight.

Comment

We are up to 13 inches now and you still cant see outside it just keeps coming. Hubs went to go to his moms to do the driveway and said at this current time he will not make it home, he was lucky to make it there. Knowing it was going to be bad today I soaked a bag of beans and have 16 bean soup going. I bought a bag of bones from the bodega for the dog, they are labeled cow feet. They look more like marrow bones so I put a few in the soup pot.

Comment

Watching all of you getting slammed our weather guy says we are in a snow hole lol. Last 2 have dipped south of us and back north. We've had 0.8 inches since Nov 1st. I'm thankful we aren't getting it tho I do love snow it's so hard to deal with in our old age.
          I put cube steak with mushroom soup (Joe loves it) in the crockpot. Boil some taters & a veg of some sort. Done and done.

Comment

Went to Sam's Club and bought a roasted chicken yesterday
            Maybe a stir fry for dinner
            Livetobake we are dealing with the same weather issues
            I must say it is really pretty out

Comment

It is pretty especially if you are inside and not outside shoveling or stuck in your car someplace. The Lake Effect snow has now kicked in and it is coming down heavy and fast. The air is just thick with it the snow is getting deeper by the snowflake.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it so will just be grateful my house is warm, and I am not in dire need of anything.

Stay in and safe mellon and enjoy your stir fry as that sounds good.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Soup for me this evening. I really don’t have any appetite right now.

Comment

It’s been foggy and chilly today, good day to stay inside. Our neighborhood is all dressed in American flags for the holiday. It’s really neat that everyone went together on this and our next door neighbor handles setting up and taking the flags down. This is such a great community! I’ve been reading a book by Kristin Hannah, The Great Alone, and I can hardly stand to put it down! She’s an excellent writer.

We’re going to have the rest of the chicken fried steaks, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner.

Comment

I haven’t felt well and my granddaughter had Pho delivered to me this evening. I sure appreciated her having it delivered. Nothing taste very good to me. But it was soothing to my stomach which has not been happy with much lately.

Comment

Working...
                    X