Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 18th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is dark and dreary again with the high of 32 and the low of 27. We have over 2 feet of snow. So lucky!!!

Hot pork sandwiches, carrots and applesauce will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

There is no way I am going to drag my trash can to the curb through all this snow. I got some whole chickens the other day, you know the scrawny ones that are not good for much. Making a pot of stock and using the meat for puppy snacks when he is a good boy. Making cheese steaks for dinner and steaming some green beans.

Comment

I put my trash out on Sunday knowing what was coming. Yup, there it is buried halfway up. Good thought, bad reality.

Comment

Our trash is usually today but it got moved a day behind. I though about taking it out early but you can get a ticket. No one in my neighborhood would ever complain but when we get this much snow the city does the sidewalks so I didnt really want to block it and have to do it myself.

Comment

Knit group today YAY. Bringing home arbys fish sandwiches. Another YAY Joe can chew but can't bite yet. To tender. He said he would cut sandwich & eat with a fork lol.

Comment

No tickets here for early put out. It is on the tree lawn so the sidewalks can be plowed with no problem. I now have it dug out so it can be taken. I have a snow plie over 6 feet high by the side of my driveway. Yup, a lot of snow.

Comment

It’s been damp and cold today, we’ve had sprinkles on and off most of the day. I’ve been huddled up under a warm throw reading most of the afternoon.

I took some Sicilian meat sauce with pork out of the freezer that I made awhile back to heat up. I made some Parmesan polenta that I’m going to slice and fry to have with it and we’ll probably have a salad with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by livetobake View Post
                No tickets here for early put out. It is on the tree lawn so the sidewalks can be plowed with no problem. I now have it dug out so it can be taken. I have a snow plie over 6 feet high by the side of my driveway. Yup, a lot of snow.
                Why do you have to dig out your snowed in trash cans. Your grandson could do that, couldn't he ? surely he could that for his grandmother.
                We are not supposed to put out our trashcans before trash pick up day either, it doesn't have anything to do with the weather, but how it looks , I mean why should anybody have to look at their neighbors crappy trash sitting out for several days before it gets picked up.

Comment

If you have 2 ft of snow coming it makes it impossible to move the cans so putting them out early is the solution. I have been able to do that in every other place I lived and its not a big deal if you live in a rural area.

Comment

You are so right muz that it is not a big deal. With 2 feet of snow on the lid and the lower half buried in the snow it almost looked like a Christmas elf with the container being green.

Comment

Working...
                    X