Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 19th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It will be mostly cloudy with the high of 37 and the low of 15 with a chance of a rain/snow mixture. Ice skating anyone?

We are having chop suey for dinner over brown rice, a salad and a blueberry, banana and strawberry fruit salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

It's 44 here. Temps falling thru the day to low 30s. Bright & sunny.
    my sweet neighbor brought us veg soup last eve. I'll make some toasted cheese sandwiches and call it a day.

Comment

Well the snow is wet and heavy with the warmer temps, but its going to freeze again tonight. Some of our workers are coming over today to snow blow paths in the back yard so I can take the dog out to play. He is so high energy that we usually spend at least an hour and a half outside daily so he has been a complete jerk since we cant go play in the snow that is taller than him.

I have some thin sliced chicken breast which I normally wouldnt buy but it was all they had. I wanted to do chicken parm, but I got s lazy streak going on. I just sprinkled some kind of seasoning on it and its baking now. I will make rice cooker fried rice and add the cooked chicken and call it a day.

Comment

Looks like our reprieve from hot weather is over... the next five days are going to be hot and no doubt humid. After a lot of backbreaking work, the garage is almost cleared out. Nothing emerged that we didn't know we had so we're taking that to mean it was organised chaos.

I'm still packing our belongings inside the house. Crystal and glass is all done now. Doll collection will be tomorrow. At least they don't need to be wrapped in bubble wrap. The nursery will be done in half a day... just need to tip the toys into boxes and seal them up. Immy can take whatever she wants and we'll take the rest for Hannah and Andrew.

Dinner tonight was a take-away meal... chicken, chips, gravy, corn and I cooked some peas.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Mild, over cast day today, going down to -30 in the nite, hope our oil line doesn't freeze again! Sure looking forward to warmer temps in Florida...leaving next week.
          We went to town to pick up comp/printer from the shop. Wish I would have gone this route sooner, but I do like a challenge and was determined to fix the issue. Phone support from Apple and Brother was amazing I must say, we all just could not get it altogether so to speak. So, I asked the puter wiz what the prob was, and he just said, "I really don't know" lolol He uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and we are set. Just a $50 charge, so no complaints there.
          Dinner is in the oven. Seared some thick cut pork chops, made a little bread dressing to put on top, cut up carrots/potatoes/mushrooms, scattered around chops, spooned over mushroom soup. Smelling so good right now!

Chayote: your mentions of packing etc got me thinking that I just do not know how we would ever get thru/pack all our crap if we ever did move! We've been living here in this house since 1981, and still have some accumulations of all our 4 kids belongings stashed here and there. Besides that, there's our yard...ugh, well that would by hubby's task! lol
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

I don't know why you are hanging on to the stuff that belongs to your adult kids? Put it all in boxes and next time they come to visit or you visit them, drop of the boxes or let them take the boxes. I have a feeling they don't want any of that stuff, in which case they can get rid of it, why should it be your burden ?

Comment

I hear you Mudder on having some of the kid's items. I have some also from my children and including my grandchildren and foster children. I guess it is the memories I connect with the items. I have a friend that has kept each child's items in a large tote and said when they are ready, they will come and take them. One already has but not before they sat and enjoyed each item together. They are a very close- knit family and so enjoy anything that brings back memories that are important to them. Another friend pitched everything from her children and kept nothing the one daughter has often said she wished she had something from when she was a child. I guess everyone has a different point of view.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I don't mind having it all here...not that there is a lot...and we have a big house. And in the case of DD, they live in a tiny condo so space is limited. Once they buy a house, out it will go.
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Do you need physical stuff to have memories ? I don't think so, memories are in your head/ mind, you don't need a tote full of " stuff " to have the memories. Seems to me that quite often the stuff is more important to the parents / mothers and not the kids. Just my opinion.

Comment

I sorted through all the thousands of photos that I had of the kids and grandkids, their baby books and baby shoes and sent them to the kids last year. Such a relief for me and they were happy to get them. We’ve been working on getting rid of a lot of the “stuff” we’ve accumulated and never looked at since we’ve had it. We haven’t missed any of it!

It’s been cool and cloudy all day, did a few things around the house and then did more reading. I thought about doing laundry today but decided to wait until tomorrow.

I’m making Ken’s favorite creamy tomato and shrimp pasta for dinner and we’ll have a salad with it.

Comment

Originally posted by MudderBear View Post
                      Chayote: your mentions of packing etc got me thinking that I just do not know how we would ever get thru/pack all our crap if we ever did move! We've been living here in this house since 1981, and still have some accumulations of all our 4 kids belongings stashed here and there. Besides that, there's our yard...ugh, well that would by hubby's task! lol
                      MudderBear... the first we thing we did was ask our children to remove anything they had left here, and that included our son's lizard. Tiff has helped enormously with with that part... she took a carload of our son's belongings to his house and she took everything that she had in our garage back to her own. Our eldest daughter had nothing stored here. I've been packing cut crystal and pottery, a collection that was built mainly from our wedding gifts, our parents' collections and about a dozen nice pieces that I purchased myself. There was no sorting out that stuff... it's all going with us and will go back into the display cabinets that they call home. Same goes with my doll collection. That doesn't grow with recent purchases... mainly they consist of my childhood doll and that of our children. The rest have been 'rescues' from op shops which I either repaired or had repaired and I lovingly gave them new outfits.

John is in charge of the garage and it's now almost empty. A lot has been trashed and he vowed not to replace anything in our new garages... instead using them to house our cars... a novel idea *LOL*

I'm about done with packing and then we are just waiting to rent a short-term home until our new house is built. Bloody COVID is stuffing us around!!
                      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                      X