Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 20th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Dang, it is snowing again with the high of 20 and the low of 7. The wind chill will take us down into the teens and the low at night into below zero. Just plain bitter.

Tonight's dinner will be beef and noodles, roasted broccoli and chocolate pudding cake.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Such a pretty, COLD morning. Temps went waaay down last nite, and the oil line did NOT freeze yay!!!!
    It seems like just yesterday that hubby said to m, '3 weeks til our holiday'! And now here we are 1 week away. I'm going to start packing my bag, call for insurance, cell plan, we already bought our $. Hubby has the trip all mapped out. This will be the first time we've been on the gulf coast, and I'm really looking forward to that.
    Dinner will be my version of tacos.
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

I hope your trip is a safe one filled with lots of wonderful times, sights and memories. I also hope this dang weather is not a hinderance for driving for both of you.

Have a wonderful time and take pictures and share if you feel like it.

Comment

Dentist called, changed Joe's appt to next week. Ugh he really needs some adjustment. Oh well. We'll deal with it.

Chicken fried rice.

LTB is the choc pudding cake the kind where the cake rises to the top leaving ooey gooey choc pudding under the cake? That's what I want to make along with ice cream. Oh my I love that stuff

Comment

Sure is. Easy, quick and so darn good!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yep gonna do it while I still have ice cream. Oooo we'll be enjoying same thing this eve

Comment

Great minds with but a single thought!!!!

Comment

I haven’t much of a clue regarding dinner. I have not a bit of appetite. I’m not even sure I’ve had more than toast today. I have time to come up with a dinner idea.

Comment

LTB I just HAD to have one little bite of the cake. Joe says " I do believe there's been a mouse in the cake " I am stuffed and can hardly wait to get a big ol dish of it zapped & ice cream on top. drool

Comment

It was rainy this morning but the weather guessers are saying we’re going to have several dry days in a row coming this week! Could it be we might actually get the grass cut and the driveway pressure washed??? Both are pretty bad right now. I had great intentions on doing stuff today, but that book I was reading was calling my name and I had to finish it. Those of you that love a good book should definitely read The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, I could barely put it down.

We’re having more of the Sicilian meat sauce with pork on fried polenta for dinner.

Comment

rosie,

I am so glad you liked it. When you have not had something for a while it tastes even better when you do. My kids loved it when they were little. Enjoy it and remember, it makes a yummy way for starting the day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                        It was rainy this morning but the weather guessers are saying we’re going to have several dry days in a row coming this week! Could it be we might actually get the grass cut and the driveway pressure washed??? Both are pretty bad right now. I had great intentions on doing stuff today, but that book I was reading was calling my name and I had to finish it. Those of you that love a good book should definitely read The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah, I could barely put it down.

We’re having more of the Sicilian meat sauce with pork on fried polenta for dinner.
                        Charlene, I love books by Kristin Hannah. I have read so many of her books, I need to go to the library and get " The Great Alone " , I bet it is good.
                        I am llke you , I start reading a book and it is good, I can't put it down, and have to keep reading, sometimes all night.

Comment

So true Sabine! I read it very quickly and last night I made myself turn out my light at 1 am and I still wanted to read more of it. This is only the second book I’ve read by her but I sure will be looking for more of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X