Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 24th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I am cold because it is so dang cold and will hopefully be the high of 28 and the low of 16 before we bottom out temp wise tomorrow. We are getting another round of snow this afternoon of 2-3 inches. The piles of snow just keep getting higher. We got 5-6 inches yesterday.

I have pulled ham and split pea soup from the freezer for dinner and will make some cornbread muffins also.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We got 4 in of snow yesterday and they say its going to start again this afternoon. I have no clue whats for dinner. I have stew meat to use. I really want beef stew but hubs doesnt. I might make it anyhow and he can have whatever he makes himself.

Comment

Holy guacamole. It's bitter out. We FINALLY got some snow yesterday. A dusting but snow it's snowing now. Well I'd call it more flurries.
      It's clean out the fridge next 2 evenings. Finish off fried rice then creamed chicken tomorrow.

Comment

I hear you rosie. We were at -4 this morning! Frigid as far as I am concerned. My furnace is running just about nonstop and I don't have it set that high at all. I am so grateful it is running and will not complain about the usage when I get the bill. It is working and that is all that matters at this point.

Have a good day and snuggle under a blanket that you have made.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I drove to the chicken coop then to the barn to feed the creatures. Joe laughs at me but I just can't breath with the wind and cold. Before anyone jumps on Joe for not feeding. He offers everyday it is my choice to do it.
          He has the fire pumpin and the furnace runs occasionally. So it's pretty cozy in here. I just started a new to me pattern.

Comment

Cold and cloudy/foggy today, definitely jacket weather. I took Abby down to the vet for her appointment to get her nails trimmed this morning, they were really busy. I called in to the desk to check in (you still can’t go in with them yet) I waited and waited and waited, noticed all the other cars were getting taken care of but me. I called in again and it appears nobody had made a note of our being there. Oops! I kind of figured that as busy as they were it was easy to fall through the cracks so I wasn’t at all upset. So they took Abby in, did her nails (she doesn’t freak out when they’re getting done) and brought her back out and didn’t charge me for it because I was nice to them and Abby is a treat to take care of. I was glad to get back home to my warm house and bathroom close to the door!

We’re going to have a Papa Murphy’s Italian salad with chicken and grilled shrimp added to it with Caesar dressing for dinner. I might make a slice of garlic bread to go with it.

Comment

Working...
            X