Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

I feel like the whole eastern part of the country that I am living the same day over and over. Yes, more snow, yes below zero and bitter cold and yes more shoveling. It is falling so heavy that it is hard seeing across the street with about another 4-5 inches so far today. The high of 16 and the low of 0 with the wind chill keeping everything at 0 or below. Snow most of the day.

Ok, onto a nicer topic. Food. The weather is calling for a big pot of chicken and dumplings, homemade dinner rolls, a carrot salad along with baked apples.

What will be your dinner this Wednesday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Australia Day today... pre-COVID it was a day to spend at the local park, watch the naturalisation ceremony and enjoy wandering around watching demonstrations of sport, dance, theatre, animal handling and the like and then buying lunch. This year there was none of that and Australia Day just became a regular day. Sad really.

For us, with Tiff's help, we made great headway towards moving. Two pieces of furniture were sold on facebook marketplace within just ten minutes of being listed. Any money we can raise through selling furniture is going to buy a new swing and slide for Immy to replace similar items that she loves at our house. Our play equipment has seen better days and we'd rather give her a parting gift of new ones.

Decision made about our car... it's not going with us. We will buy the van we want and use it to take our precious items that I wouldn't trust a removalist to take. Been putting it off for a while but it's time to act on securing an appropriate vehicle.

Our dinner tonight was amazingly good. I crumbed and fried some chicken scapulas which are incredibly tender and taste great. After that I had a surprise dessert... Viennetta icecream which was absolutely heavenly. It was truly divine.

https://i.imgur.com/4Nc1QW7.jpg https://i.imgur.com/DDMtsvM.jpg

We had a good day. Pity is was so bloody hot outside! I'm not a fan of the heat of Summer.

Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Oooo LTB that sounds so good. You are right with the weather except we don't have snow. Unfortunately we will be out & about all day. Going to Muncie to dentist and brief visit with 2 gks. Good thing ! I'm going to hit hobby lobby and joanns so that makes it all worth it we will probably grab something there.

Comment

I remember living in snow country. I would shovel and the plow would come by and more shoveling. I don’t miss it but now deal with tropical storms.

Comment

We only got about an inch of snow last night so I am not complaining. We are supposed to get more on Friday but not sure how much. I went out to do my errands bright and early and made it a quick trip. Keeping it easy tonight making ham and cheese sandwiches. I saw on tik toc someone pan fried diced apples and put them in an egg roll wrapper. They folded it in half so it was pop tart shaped and air fried it. Amazingly egg roll wrappers jumped into my shopping cart so I am going to try it.

Comment

The apple tart sounds good muz. Let me know how it turns out please.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been mostly cloudy and cold today, but the sun is finally peeking out as of about 3:30 pm. Of course it will be getting dark by 5 pm, so not a lot of help. It’s just been a lazy day today, finally got a chance to watch the Ray Donovan movie.

We’re going to have rotisserie chicken thighs and I made a big Waldorf salad to have with it.

Comment

Working...
              X