Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is just plain bitter out with the temp below 0. The windchill is 10 below. So dangerous. I doubt we will hit the high of 28 and the low of 18.

Dinner will leftovers from last night as the chicken and dumplings were just so good.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Yet another stinking hot day. It was so humid outside that I could hardly breathe. Cooled down a little when a raging electrical storm came through at around 8.30pm but it was a strange feeling... heavy rain that was as warm as any shower I've ever had. It's now 1am and we still have the AC going.

I've just been packing boxes today... almost finished.

Dinner tonight: John had mashed potato, peas, pumpkin and carrot with the leftover chicken from last night. I had spaghetti bolognaise.

Dessert was the other half of the Viennetta icecream.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I am trying a new recipe for instant pot Mongolian beef and I cut up a pineapple so I will cover it in Chamoy and Tajin.

Comment

Scalloped potatos with teeny tiny minced ham hope it works. ***sigh***

Comment

rosie,

How did Joe get along with the dentist yesterday? I hope everything is fitting and feeling better.

How did you get along in Holly Hobby and the other store you also visited? I know it was an effort forcing yourself through the door of both places!!!

Comment

They weren't any help. I don't really understand what he was yelling, cussing about ??? Guess it got ugly in the office glad I was in the car happily crocheting.
            Neither place had sales so I only got what I had to have. BUT it was fun.

Comment

Sorry about Joe, glad you had a nice time.

Comment

I don’t have an appetite and am not very hungry but think I will try making an omelet for dinner or baking a potato. Somehow I have lost six or seven pounds in a week. Tomorrow I will be shopping for my Granddaughters wedding.

Comment

It started out really foggy this morning but the fog broke up and it’s spectacularly gorgeous this afternoon. We sat out on the back patio and the view of the Cascades was simply breathtaking.

We’re going to have kind of an odd dinner, but it sounded good to both of us. Nathan’s hot dogs on bread with all the necessary trimmings and Waldorf salad. Yum!!

Comment

Working...
                  X