Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 28th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Thank goodness we only got about of an inch of the light snow last night and hopefully will not get anymore today. It is predicted about 2 inches but I am sure hoping that is not the case. The high will be 24 and the low a frigid 6.

I have pulled cabbage rolls from the freezer and will put them in the crockpot, make some brown rice and have a fruit salad.

What will be your dinner this Friday night?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Had to stay inside all day today... we had rolling thunderstorms but some much-needed rain fell for about an hour after the thunder and lightning ended.

Little Hannah is now walking... it feels like she was born only last week but she's 14 months old. I'm so proud of her achievement. I'll include a photo of her...

Tomorrow we are going car shopping. I dearly hope we find what we need. I'll be glad to see the end of our XTrail. It's been a good, reliable car but, just like me, it's worn out. My nephew wants it to work on... he's a mechanic and owns a car parts business/shop... and has offered to buy it from us. We'll let it go for a donation to our 'Immy's playground equipment' fund.

For dinner tonight we both had vegetables and chicken.

https://i.imgur.com/fFVmkyx.jpg?1
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chay, she is so stinking cute!

Comment

Hannah is going to have a hard time keeping that hair under a hat - just like her brother Andrew. Now that is what I call a SMILE!!

Comment

Hannah is adorable.

Comment

She is such a cutie! I love the curls, my oldest son had curls like that.

It’s been a nice day today, even though we woke up to heavy frost this morning. We keep hoping the ground will dry up enough to get the lawn mowed, but so far no luck. We went up to Mount Vernon this afternoon to fill up the car and the gas can for the mower, pressure washer etc. with our $1 off per gallon Safeway points. Not much else going on here.

I’m going to fry some fish fillets in a Ritz cracker and Parmesan crust, split a baked potato and have some salad with it.

Comment

Thanks, everyone We think she's special. I love the way she includes her nose when she laughs... can't laugh without wrinkling her little nose. She looks just like her mother but Hannah is chunkier... *LOL*

Napoleon Hill

Comment

OH MY Chayote. She is a livin doll. I would love to tweak those cheeks & hear her giggle

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
                  OH MY Chayote. She is a livin doll. I would love to tweak those cheeks & hear her giggle
                  If you touched her she would scream, but that's ok... *LOL* She's going through the 'stranger danger' stage and it's not helping that total strangers want to touch her curls when they are out shopping. Like, it's not just inappropriate for people to touch a random child in the first place, but during a world-wide pandemic? It makes her Mum and Dad very frustrated. I, however, would also like to tweak her cheeks... She has the most infectious giggle I've ever heard from a baby.

I can't wait to be living close to them so that Hannah can get used to having a cheek-tweaking Grandma.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                  X