Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 30th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Another cold morning and day with the high of 26 and the low of 11 along with some snow.

Mac and cheese, green beans, applesauce and a pineapple I cut up this morning will be dinner.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Hubs saw eggs on sale for 25 cents a dozen so he calls me. I said grab 2. He brought home 6 dozen. I mean I can use them but we do not have 5 kids living at home anymore. I made a batch of egg salad and grabbed some Hawaiian rolls so that will be dinner. I also bought a baby gate with a door in it. It said takes 15 min to install. An hour later and lots of swearing I finally got it done.

Comment

Originally posted by muzette7 View Post
      He brought home 6 dozen.
      I can't imagine ever getting eggs for 25c a dozen but if I did, I'd freeze them. We used to freeze eggs when we had chooks here. We broke them into iceblock trays and then wrap them in gladwrap.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I had a big day of packing... got a lot done. All the glassware and crockery is packed except for 4 glasses and 4 plates that will keep us going until we move. It's comforting to know that most of it is done. I've ordered moving bags to start packing our clothes. Living in Adelaide we are unlikely to ever need our winter clothes but we'll take them with us just in case. The bags will be also good for my knitting yarn.

Lots of phone calls to make tomorrow... the real estate agent, insurance company to get our new cars covered plus others. I hate making phone calls, would much rather send emails but it is what it is.

Dinner tonight: John had pork steak, two eggs, chips and peas; I had coleslaw, a whole avocado and some sliced ham.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Idk whats for supper yet but the subject of freezing eggs sparked me to tell you of my experience. Having chickens ya get overwhelmed sometimes with eggs. I read to break them into ice cube trays and freeze. ??? I used silicon muffin cups. Froze 1 doz as instructed. Thawed 2 next day, yolk and white would not come together. The yolk was very rubbery. SO broke a doz into a bowl and whisk them. Poured into muffin cups and froze. They were perfect. I enjoyed having them for baking during the holidays when the stupid chickens stop laying

Comment

We’ve had some light sprinkles today but the wind is really cold this afternoon, cuts right through you. There’s not much of anything going on today at all.

I’m making Parmesan crusted pork chops, garlic mashed potatoes and we’ll have more Waldorf salad for dinner.

Comment

Working...
            X