Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• January 31st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The end of the month already and today the sky will be partly sunny. The high of 30 and the low of 20.

DGS asked if I would turn the mac and cheese into cheeseburger mac and cheese and that is not a problem as I have hamburger already cooked and in the freezer that I can just mix in. We will have a salad and grilled pineapple along with.

What will be your end of the month dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We received exciting news this morning... we have a house in which to live in Adelaide. We can now plan our move around 24th February which I know will be here in the blink of an eye. Most of our packing is done and I'm hoping that we can finish by the end of next week and then just chill until moving day arrives.

Dinner tonight was: John had pork steak, eggs, onion and peas (yes, same as he's had for the past three nights); I had tuna and pasta salad with coleslaw.

Praying for a cooler and less humid day tomorrow... this record-breaking weather sucks!
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I ran out this morning to pick up a few things since we are supposed to have a bad storm coming. Cancelled my Dr. appointments for that day, I can drive in snow but not if its ice and they dont know which way it will go yet. So I am in until Friday.

Meatball sandwiches sound great today so I will make some fried potatoes to go with.

Comment

I am heading out shortly muz for the same reason, another storm and bad driving conditions till Friday after tomorrow. I feel so bad for the mail people out in this weather walking and anyone that is working outside. Tow trucks will get a workout I am sure.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
          We received exciting news this morning... we have a house in which to live in Adelaide. We can now plan our move around 24th February which I know will be here in the blink of an eye. Most of our packing is done and I'm hoping that we can finish by the end of next week and then just chill until moving day arrives.

Dinner tonight was: John had pork steak, eggs, onion and peas (yes, same as he's had for the past three nights); I had tuna and pasta salad with coleslaw.

Praying for a cooler and less humid day tomorrow... this record-breaking weather sucks!
          Sounds like all your plans are falling into place , I am happy for you and John.

Comment

I’m so happy for you Chayote!! I would have loved to have a few days of relaxation before the moving van came for us!

Comment

That is wonderful news Chayote I am truly thrilled for you and John.

Ugh Joe ask for goulash again. Dentist appt Fri. Hopefully this new plate will work for him. I'm ready to get back to not worrying if he can chew.
              the "goulash" is not like what I always thought of as goulash. It's his mom's recipe, it is more like cheeseburger hamburger helper.

Comment

It’s been a little bit of everything so far…rain, cold, windy and now bright sun. It’ll probably change several more times in the next 24 hours. Otherwise it’s just been a quiet kind of day.

I put a meatloaf together this morning and I’ll be putting it in the oven shortly. We’ll have a baked sweet potato and a green salad with it. This is the same meatloaf recipe that I made when Ken and I were first dating back in 1975. He had apologetically told me he couldn’t afford to take me out for dinner and I told him it was OK, come over and I’ll cook you dinner. Must have worked!

Comment

Charlene. I love that so sweet.

Comment

Working...
                  X