Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 1st Dinner Post

Good Morning!

They are saying a mostly sunny sky but I see no sun, just a cloud covered sky. The high of 42 and the low of 33 with another nightmare moving in and the next 3 days will be a mixture of rain, snow, ice, thawing and it could be another 10 inches of snow on Thursday. I have put out an APB on Frosty so he can be brought it and given a message for Old Man Winter that he can stop his childish and dangerous behavior.

I saw yesterday where muz was having meatball sandwiches and decided that sounded good so meatball sandwiches it is. Raw veggies and dip and a banana, blueberry and strawberry fruit salad will be dinner. What will you be eating tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

First of all, I visited a bank today for the first time since COVID. Two years ago if you’d told me that I would enter a bank building whilst wearing a mask, I would have denied the possibility. I had to get a bank cheque to pay for the cars. This time tomorrow we will own three vehicles and because of that, my pesky next door neighbour will have to move her car off our parking spaces that are on our land! It’s not like they can complain.

After the bank I went to Aldi to buy butter and came out with four beautiful bath towels. They will look perfect in our bathroom in the new house… I’m going with a beach theme similar to what we had here.

When we came home, Tiff and Immy were waiting for us to tackle the nursery. Immy had Lego spread from one side of the room to the other. We decided it was a good idea if she watched Bluey while Tiff and I picked them up. The only Lego left to pack is John’s big car carrier… 3’ long and it took him two weeks to build so I need to be careful not to break it. Doll collection is next.

Schools went back yesterday after six weeks break… by the end of today, 120 schools had children positive to Omicron. I was shocked to see that Australia has the tenth highest number of cases globally, despite being number 55 in the world by population...

Dinner: John had battered flathead, potato and peas. I had the same as last night… tuna and pasta salad and coleslaw, however I didn’t eat the coleslaw because it was bitter. I’ve had that happen with cabbage on other occasions so sadly it will all get tossed out.

https://i.imgur.com/kOJ0JP6.jpg
    Last edited by Chayote; 02-01-2022, 09:03 AM. Reason: forgot the pic... haven't put the labels on it yet
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

LOL Chayote - At first, I thought that was one of your new vehicles being trailered in since you said you will drive one home and have the other one trailered. But it is John's Lego set.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
        LOL Chayote - At first, I thought that was one of your new vehicles being trailered in since you said you will drive one home and have the other one trailered. But it is John's Lego set.
        *LOL* ...you're funny, Vera. Yes, it's one of many. I think he'll cry if I break it. It's on the top shelf of a unit six foot high and I can't reach or use a ladder. I tried to bribe Tiff into passing it down and she said, "not for all the tea in China" and I think she meant it.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I have some ham and will probably use that for dinner this evening. Right now I am getting ready to go shopping for shoes for my Grandaughters wedding and mostly because my present shoes are way too big for me now.

Comment

Stuffed shells, garlic bread and a spinach salad, YUM! My taxes are done and I could buy another house for what I owe. I guess that means life is ok and I shouldn't complain but ugh, it feels like I am being robbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

*LOL* ...you're funny, Vera. Yes, it's one of many. I think he'll cry if I break it. It's on the top shelf of a unit six foot high and I can't reach or use a ladder. I tried to bribe Tiff into passing it down and she said, "not for all the tea in China" and I think she meant it.
              So how did you get these lego cars up there ?

Comment

February already…doesn’t seem possible. It’s been a mostly dry day but it’s been quite cool and cloudy. I had to take my car down to Les Schwab for a tire repair this afternoon, I saw I had a Philips head screw in my back tire. They fixed it for free! Not much else going on at all.

I’m going to make some carne asada steaks and two cheese enchiladas apiece for us for dinner.

Comment

Sabine - My guess is that it was Tim, Tiff's partner. I believe he is about 6'5" of taller. I had the same thought as you - how did it get up there in the first place but forgot to write it in my thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

So how did you get these lego cars up there ?
                    I put it up there before I exploded my knee...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                      Sabine - My guess is that it was Tim, Tiff's partner. I believe he is about 6'5" of taller. I had the same thought as you - how did it get up there in the first place but forgot to write it in my thread.
                      Yep... he hovers between 6'9" and 6'10" depending on how tired he is. No, John wouldn't trust him with the truck. I'd never been so afraid of moving a Lego model.

I'll worry about it next week... I have too much going on between now and the weekend.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                        February already…doesn’t seem possible. It’s been a mostly dry day but it’s been quite cool and cloudy. I had to take my car down to Les Schwab for a tire repair this afternoon, I saw I had a Philips head screw in my back tire. They fixed it for free! Not much else going on at all.

I’m going to make some carne asada steaks and two cheese enchiladas apiece for us for dinner.
                        Charlene , is their more bad weather , snow , expected for your area ? I know the east coast is expected to get more rain , ice and snow.
                        Our temp was 72 degrees this afternoon , but we are supposed to get rain and temps in the mid 20's on Friday / Saturday. Not good.

Comment

There is some light snow expected tomorrow where we are but it won’t stick. Heavier snow up in the mountains is expected. This has been an unusually wet and cold late fall and winter so far, at least that’s what all the long time locals are saying. At least we haven’t had any iguanas falling out of trees!

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
                            At least we haven’t had any iguanas falling out of trees!
                            I saw that on our news last night, Charlene... poor little iguanas. I hope nobody picks them up and throws them in the bin. Charlie's snake used to look dead if his heat lamp went out years ago.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                            X