Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 2nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

What a way starting the day with a winter storm warning for a lot of counties here. It is dark and dreary with rain moving in this afternoon and it is downhill from there. The high will be 40 and the low of 22 which means ice that will be a hazard for driving and walking.

Tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches along with rice pudding will be dinner.

What will you be having?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We had another very busy day. Gardener came and did 4 hours of work... coming back on Friday. We then drove to the Mitsubishi dealership and picked up our Outlander. The Caddy was delivered shortly after. That part of the day was fun. From our neighbours' view of our house, it looks like we won the Lotto... *LOL*

Dinner was easy... we bought fish and chips.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Chayote - When you drive to Adelaide, will both you and John each drive one of the two new vehicles or will the movers take one in the moving truck so you two can ride together in one vehicle?

Not sure what dinner will be tonight, but I do have leftovers in the fridge. I have been chopping a lot to make pasta sauce tomorrow for us and for my neighbor - sweet Italian sausage, chicken, onions, mushrooms, lots of green peppers. I will cook it tomorrow for Friday as it tastes better making it the day before. Also making a broccoli salad - more chopping, frying bacon etc. and putting that together tomorrow as well. There is absolutely nothing I can get my neighbor for Christmas, so I give them a dinner when she needs it. She said it is the best Christmas present ever.

Comment

I hope I can find something that I can tolerate for dinner. I suspect it will be soup.

Comment

We're ready for the storm both cars are full gas cans are full tractor is full. Joe brought in enough wood for 4 or 5 days. I'm baking cookies. Now we'll watch it snow/ice. Eat and sleep. I knew we'd pay for having under 2 inches so far.

We're having sausage gravy. Butter swim biscuits. Eggs if he wants them.

Comment

It’s been cold and cloudy all day with on and off sprinkles. I had to go pick up a prescription and a few items at the grocery store and I was really wishing I’d brought my gloves with me. Brrr! I’m sincerely hoping everyone out there stays safe and warm during the massive storm crossing the country. I’ve been reading this afternoon, right now I’m reading an older novel, A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. It’s definitely an odd novel but funny as well.

We’re going to have more of the meatloaf I made and another baked sweet potato and salad. I must say, that meatloaf was the best I’ve made in decades! It’s the recipe I got back in the 60’s that I’ve made some changes to and it was so good this time.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
              It’s been cold and cloudy all day with on and off sprinkles. I had to go pick up a prescription and a few items at the grocery store and I was really wishing I’d brought my gloves with me. Brrr! I’m sincerely hoping everyone out there stays safe and warm during the massive storm crossing the country. I’ve been reading this afternoon, right now I’m reading an older novel, A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. It’s definitely an odd novel but funny as well.

We’re going to have more of the meatloaf I made and another baked sweet potato and salad. I must say, that meatloaf was the best I’ve made in decades! It’s the recipe I got back in the 60’s that I’ve made some changes to and it was so good this time.
              Charlene. Would you be willing to share your recipe? Sounds like something I'd like to try.
              Last edited by rosie; 02-02-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                Chayote - When you drive to Adelaide, will both you and John each drive one of the two new vehicles or will the movers take one in the moving truck so you two can ride together in one vehicle?
                G'day, Vera... we will drive one vehicle each as far as the SA-VIC border where our Adelaide family will meet us and they will take over driving the Caddy into Adelaide. John and I will stay overnight in Bordertown and continue travelling together the next day in the Outlander. There was a time when we could easily drive 700km in one day, but those days are long gone.

Small hiccup yesterday... there has been extensive flooding of the highway between the two states that has damaged the rail line. Our preferred removalist packs into containers that are then put on the train. The government has estimated that they will have the line back in action by 1st March, however the first week will only be for food and emergency supplies going to South Australia and Western Australia. If all goes to plan (HA! who am I kidding?) we should be able to get our belongings on the train by 7th March. It just puts us ten days behind.
                Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post

Charlene. Would you be willing to share your recipe? Sounds like something I'd like to try.
                  Rosie, I posted it in Tried and True with notes about my tweaks to it.

Comment

Thank you Charlene. I checked and saw it. Sounds very good

Comment

Working...
                    X