X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 5th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

Hello Sunshine!!

What a wonderful sight, a blue sky and sunshine over the land.

The high will be 23 and the low 11 with a chance of snow this morning and a mostly sunny sky.

I soaked kidney beans overnight for chili and waffle cornbread along with applesauce I pulled from the freezer.

What will be your dinner tonight?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Chili sounds good. I think I will have soup for dinner. Not quite sure what kind I will make quite yet.

Comment

We got another inch or so of snow last night and it made the roads this morning horrid. Hubs called me and told me not to leave the house today. Jokes on him, I was not planning on it. I had one of the grandkids this morning. At 4 he is very much a rough and tumble boy. It worked out great since we are working on puppy manners. I think they are both worn out for the day.

Keeping it easy today and making biscuits and gravy.

Comment

It’s been a pretty pleasant day today, no rain but definitely chilly. I started another book today, Dog On It by Spencer Quinn. It’s a detective story told from the dog’s perspective and so far it’s a fun read. I finally broke out a new bookmark today, the one I’d been using for 10 years finally gave up the ghost.

I’m making oblong shaped cheeseburgers that will fit on the rolls I got for meatball sandwiches the other day. We’re having a bag of Asian Caesar salad with it.

Comment

I went to bed early again last night. I must be getting old... *LOL*

John and Tiff went out to a formal function last night. They both looked gorgeous all dressed up but I didn't think to take a photo. It was at Tabcorp Park, the local trotting track and headquarters of Victorian harness racing. Tiff was there because of her work with International Racehorse Transport and John was her "plus one". It was a perfect night with the weather and they both enjoyed it very much. I know that John had steak and vegetables for his dinner... don't know what Tiff had.

I enjoyed a quiet night at home, mostly doing some packing and answering emails. For dinner I opened a can of baked beans in tomato sauce and put some bake-at-home rolls in the airfryer... easy meal and one of my favourites.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
          X