Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 6th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A blue sky, no clouds and sunshine bathing the land. A perfect way for starting a day.

The high will be a heatwave of 36 and the low of 22.

I have a turkey breast that I thawed for roasting and making the house smell so yummy. I am also making dressing, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry relish from cranberries I had frozen and a salad.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I went for a drive in our Caddy for the first time today. It's so easy to drive! Long time since I've driven a van and wasn't sure if I'd like it. It has an economy mode where if you stop, it feels like the engine cuts out but it's actually in a very low idle. Airconditioning is brilliant... that was my priority. Next I'll try out the Outlander.

Tiff, Tim and Immy came over for dinner tonight. We had chicken schnitzel, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion and avocado along with bake-at-home bread rolls.

Tomorrow we have home help coming and in the afternoon we are going to visit my parents at the cemetery. I haven't got any flowers in the garden and last year I took some plums off the tree for my Dad but that's not going to happen this year... I'll stop by Bunnings and buy two nice solar lights to leave there.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I'm having a heck of a time coming up with stuff for him to eat. We had to cancel his dentist appointment due to the storm. Now, trying to get another ugh.
      I'm trying a new to me recipe. Crockpot sweet hawaiian chicken. Will serve over brown rice. Some kind of veggie.

Edit to say EEEWWW YUCKY never again
      Last edited by rosie; 02-06-2022, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rosie View Post
        I'm having a heck of a time coming up with stuff for him to eat. We had to cancel his dentist appointment due to the storm. Now, trying to get another ugh.
        I'm trying a new to me recipe. Crockpot sweet hawaiian chicken. Will serve over brown rice. Some kind of veggie.
        rosie, if you both like sweet meals, you might like the dish that my Mum called Chow Mien. It has minced beef, a packet of powdered chicken noodle soup mix, a tin of crushed pineapple, shredded cabbage and a few other things. I can send you the recipe if you like. I'm actually making some tomorrow.
        Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I would love the recipe. TY Chayote

Comment

What was that bright orb in the sky? It was a gorgeous day today, bright and clear and a comfortable almost 50. We decided to take a nice drive out through Arlington and out to Darrington near the Cascades, then north through the Sauk-Siuattle tribal lands to Skagit River, Concrete and Sedro-Wooley. It is so beautiful out there and the traffic was non-existent. Abby rode comfortably in the back seat. It would have been criminal to not get out and enjoy it.

We’re having easy dinner, Costco Ultimate Fish Sticks, garlic mashed potatoes and spinach.

Comment

Working...
            X