Rough Day Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rough Day Today

We've been needing to change out or water tank for a few months because it had a pinhole in it and was leaking droplets out all of the time. We've had the water tank sitting here for at least 4 months. Dh decided to do it today. Dh is a perfectionist, so it took him at least 4 hours to get the old tank out and the new tank straight up and down on the platform and everything level. He finally starts putting the pipes together and we get to the last 2 plastic pipe hookups and clamps. He's trying to push the plastic pipe onto the thingy and the pipe that goes into the ground and into the house breaks. Everything is closed by that time, so I'm sitting here with no water to the house and cannot take my bath tonight. UGH!! MY bath time is my relaxation time and helps me sleep better at night.
    He did manage to put a plug in one of the outlets so we have water at the pump and it's there if we really need it. I'm lucky I planned for a day of dirtier water and got a lot of drinking water in my old pickle jars. I'm using that to flush the toilets tonight. It's just been one of those weeks.

Joe said "oh dear Lord sounds like me"
    I hate when that happens. I am truly feelin for ya. I'm sure he will get it goin today. We'll be wondering so keep us posted!

Comment

Good Luck!!
      Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
      He drew a circle that shut me out.
      But love and I had the wit to win,
      We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I am surprised that your husband tackled that job himself. My daughter and her husband just got a new water tank at their ranch, but they didn't even think about doing it themselves, they hired a company to do it and it took them all day , with 3 people. It is a big job to say the least. Hopefully your husband gets it done today and you can enjoy your bath tonight.

Comment

Finally got the last pipe glued and now we have to wait 2 hours before we can turn the water on. Dh has always done his own work. He grew up in a family that didn't have money to do it any other way, but it is different now with our advanced ages. Next time we WILL hire someone else to do it.

Comment

Allie I just had a hot water _ank installed to
            the bill of 1,500. Congrats to your husband

Comment

I so agree mellon. Job well done.
              Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
              He drew a circle that shut me out.
              But love and I had the wit to win,
              We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
              X