Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 15th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is a lovely sunny morning with the high of 32 and the low of 32. Yes, that is correct.

DGS asked for more of the bean soup along with garlic bread and a salad. Simple enough.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

We got our moving date... 1st or 2nd March which is only two weeks away. I spent tonight washing plastic crates that have been in the garage. They will just be used for storage in the next garage but I don't want to take them full of dust and cobwebs. It will be a sunny day tomorrow to dry them outside.

Dinner tonight was bbq'd pork spare ribs, mashed potato and carrots. I made some apricot and pineapple sauce for my serve.

Once we run out of food in the fridge and freezer, I stop cooking and just go out and buy what we want. It will be like a mini holiday...
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post
      We got our moving date... 1st or 2nd March which is only two weeks away. I spent tonight washing plastic crates that have been in the garage. They will just be used for storage in the next garage but I don't want to take them full of dust and cobwebs. It will be a sunny day tomorrow to dry them outside.

Dinner tonight was bbq'd pork spare ribs, mashed potato and carrots. I made some apricot and pineapple sauce for my serve.

Once we run out of food in the fridge and freezer, I stop cooking and just go out and buy what we want. It will be like a mini holiday...
      It’s very exciting isn’t it Chay? New adventures. We’re moving soon too. Very excited but know the work involved, that’s for sure. We’ve been trying to use up the fridge, freezer and pantry items too. Good luck to you.

Comment

I made a batch of egg salad today so sandwiches it is. I do not really feel like making anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

It’s very exciting isn’t it Chay? New adventures. We’re moving soon too. Very excited but know the work involved, that’s for sure. We’ve been trying to use up the fridge, freezer and pantry items too. Good luck to you.
          Are you leaving Colorado Bean ?

Comment

Chayote - Your new life starts in 14, 13, 12, 11, 10...... Congratulations. Sabine - I just got word over the weekend that my only child and his family (3 grandkids) are leaving Virginia and moving to Texas. They hope to leave over the summer. My daughter in law has friends and several relatives in Texas and I guess they are tired of the cold winters and want a more moderate climate. Of course, Texas has its share of bad weather. I am very sad to see them go as I HATE flying. Haven't been on a plane since 1991 but I may be forced to fly as it is a three-day drive. They will be looking around Katy, Texas (outside Houston). Right now, they live in a pretty big, expensive house but parents of one of the grandkids' friends wants their house and a contract will be written up. They have already settled on a price thus saving seller and buyer over $100,000 in realtor fees so they will both get a good deal.

Comment

I just wanted to add that AllieK lives closer to the coast and Houston and she may have more info for you. But if your DIL has family in that area I am sure she know all about Houston.

Comment

I made egg salad as well. I am still having food issues but the egg salad tasted good this evening. What I wanted was Hot and Sour soup.

Comment

Sounds like a whole lot of moving going on! I’ve made a solemn promise to not move ever again!

It’s been partly cloudy today, actually quite pleasant. I had an appointment with a dermatologist this afternoon for a skin check and had a couple of soots on my face hit with the freezing spray. Skin cancer runs rampant on my side of the family and I like to make sure I’m OK. So far so good! I stopped at Safeway afterwards and picked up a few odds and ends.

We’re going to have some macaroni and cheese with sautéed onion and Aidell’s bacon and pineapple chicken sausage mixed in it and we’ll have a green salad with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Bean, how long have you been living where you are? I hope you can move without too much stress. Over the past three months, this has been the most stressful time in my life. Given what I now know, I'm not sure I would be moving at all...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                      Chayote - Your new life starts in 14, 13, 12, 11, 10...... Congratulations. Sabine - I just got word over the weekend that my only child and his family (3 grandkids) are leaving Virginia and moving to Texas. They hope to leave over the summer. My daughter in law has friends and several relatives in Texas and I guess they are tired of the cold winters and want a more moderate climate. Of course, Texas has its share of bad weather. I am very sad to see them go as I HATE flying. Haven't been on a plane since 1991 but I may be forced to fly as it is a three-day drive. They will be looking around Katy, Texas (outside Houston). Right now, they live in a pretty big, expensive house but parents of one of the grandkids' friends wants their house and a contract will be written up. They have already settled on a price thus saving seller and buyer over $100,000 in realtor fees so they will both get a good deal.
                      g'day, Vera... I'll answer your email after the removalist assessor has been. I really feel for you. As we've talked about many time, grandchildren are just amazing and beautiful and precious. Hang in there... (((((HUG)))))

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post

Are you leaving Colorado Bean ?
                        Hi Sabine! I don’t think I could ever move from Colorado (again).

Comment

Originally posted by Chayote View Post

Bean, how long have you been living where you are? I hope you can move without too much stress. Over the past three months, this has been the most stressful time in my life. Given what I now know, I'm not sure I would be moving at all...
                          Hi Chayote! I don’t know if you recall we moved from FL back to Colorado, it will be 4 years in June. It was the move from hell too! We never expected to move this soon but it’s time. We bought this house (which is huge) for my Mom and her husband to move in with us. Things don’t always go according to plan. So we have decided to move on now and enjoy life. Taking care of a house like this is not fun. LOL

Hang in there, you’ll be happy when it’s done.

Comment

Working...
                          X