Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 17th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is forecast that we will go from 54 to 18 today with heavy rain, strong winds and at least 3 inches of snow by morning if not more. Just a lovely day.

I am having sausage gravy over biscuits and baked custard.

What will be your dinner this evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Interesting day... had a visit from the handyman used by our Real Estate agency and he recognised us from 35 years ago! He used to date our niece. Once he told me who he was, I remembered him. Nice to know that he will be looking after the repairs, painting and cleaning of our house after we leave.

Another visitor was an assessor from the moving company. Once her quote came in, you could have knocked me over with a feather! Her quote was $11,800 plus another $519 for insurance! There has to be a cheaper option. I'll call another company for a quote tomorrow morning. We are planning a weekend trip in our van to get some of the items that the removalist wasn't keen on taking so we will drive over with a full van and offload it at the rental house. My daughter will get the keys of the house the day before we arrive there and she'll arrange for a bed for us to use. We'll be camping in the house for a couple of nights which sounds like fun...

Dinner tonight: John had sausages, onion, mashed potato and eggs. I had tinned baked beans and a bake-at-home breadroll. There's not much left in the freezer... I think a packet of sausages and some chicken breast. The rest is just frozen apricots, pumpkin soup and mango pulp and Tiff can have that or toss it out.

Fingers crossed for getting a cheaper but reliable removalist.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I'm making a big pot of chicken soup to last forever LOL
      Then I'm going to load up my car with cases of hand sanitizer
      that I picked up from a company that is shutting its doors and
      delivering them to a place that I volunteer at.
      Cold and rainy day here and headed for more cold weather

Comment

Chayote, I know what you mean about the sticker shock! When we did our 1100 mile move the moving van cost just over $10,000 and the car hauler that brought the other Subaru up here was $1200. Like I’ve said, we’re NEVER moving again!

Comment

Charlene, never say never, life is so uncertain , as we have just found out in the past 2 years +.

Comment

Enjoy that soup mellon, and how kind of you taking the sanitizer and donating it.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s been very cool and kind of damp today, no sun visible at all. It was a good day to stay in and do a few house things and read a good book.

We’re having Crock Pot Ranch Pork Chops with some baby peas thrown in for color contrast and some spaetzel tonight.

Comment

Working...
              X