Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 22nd Dinner Post

Good Morning!

It is overcast and raining continuing all day. The high will be 55 and the low of 30.

Tonight will be breakfast with scrambled eggs, home fries, ham and a fruit salad.

What will be your dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

Oooh I woke up so cranky and it looks like it is going to continue all stinking day for no apparent reason. I have swiss steak in the crock pot since I had a round roast to use and was not feeling roast beef. Mashed potatoes and brussel sprouts to go with.

Comment

Today was John's 74th birthday. Firstly we went to visit Gordon for the last time before we leave and then we came home to a dinner with Tiff, Immy and our son and his partner. Lucy joined the party but unfortunately managed to hurt her leg out in the playground so if it's no better tomorrow she'll be off to see her 'doctor'.

An interesting coincidence happened today. The date was 22/02/2022... at 2.22pm, the temperature in Adelaide was 22° and the day was 'Twos-day'

Dinner for our family was fish and chips, Red Rooster crunchy chicken and ravioli with bolognaise sauce that I cooked.
      Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Give John a big birthday hug from me!!

Happy Twosday!

We had a tiny bit of more snow during the night but it’s been a pretty day today with the snow melting quickly. I really haven’t accomplished a thing today, but that’s OK.

We’re going to have sautéed shrimp with mushrooms and garlic and some yakisoba noodles for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by CharleneG View Post
          Give John a big birthday hug from me!! Happy Twosday!
          Thanks, Charlene. He had a happy day. We didn't have a cake or candles and that custom seems to be disappearing because of the spread of COVID. Hopefully next year we can give him a little party...

Napoleon Hill

Comment

I think having a cake for a birthday party is just fine. But putting candles on the cake and then have the birthday person blow out the candles , meaning blowing , spreading germs all over the cake is not so good. It wasn't even great before covid, but certainly with covid around I think one should not do that. You can always have a candle separate from the cake.

Comment

Here is what we do with birthday candles. We fan it out with a paper plate - no blowing necessary. We have always done that because people accidently spit and who wants a piece of cake after that?

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                Here is what we do with birthday candles. We fan it out with a paper plate - no blowing necessary. We have always done that because people accidently spit and who wants a piece of cake after that?
                That is a good idea Vera, never thought of that.

Comment

To be honest, I just abandoned the idea of having a birthday cake at all. I had ordered a cake that I should have been able to use but when my order arrived, the supermarket had substituted the block cake with individually wrapped slices of cake that we wouldn't have liked anyway. Right now I have other things to do with the final packing. John didn't care one way or another. We bought dinner ready to eat and then everyone (4 adults, one child) went home.

I have a big job ahead of me today with final packing. I needed to order 20 more packing boxes and they are coming this afternoon.

We have people now calling John wanting to "get together" before we go. Well, no... that's not going to happen. These people have known for several months that we were moving so leaving it until the last eight days before we go? ...too busy.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

20 more packing boxes, now that is a lot. Considering how much packing you have already done , what more do you have to pack ? What could be left?

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                      20 more packing boxes, now that is a lot. Considering how much packing you have already done , what more do you have to pack ? What could be left?
                      I still have kitchen machines to pack that are quite heavy so I've ordered 20 double-strength boxes that are about 4 shoeboxes together in size with cut out handles so I can use them for our everyday crockery, our wedding china that isn't yet packed and two filing cabinets that are not unpacked yet.

https://i.imgur.com/K0QyqJP.jpg

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                      X