Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 25th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

What a mess with all the ice. It is a least an inch thick and a nightmare. It is in the teens right now and such a damp wet feeling along with overcast sky and more snow predicted. Just plain icky and cold. The high will be 29 and the low of 16. I have made slits in thick cut porkchops and will put stuffing in them, sear and bake smothered in onions and gravy. Carrots and Waldorf salad will be served also.

What will be your dinner this Friday evening?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I am going to try Charlenes chicken Alfredo rice casserole. Sounds yum to me & Joe will eat whatever is put before him

Comment

It’s been a beautiful and sunny and cold day today. You can sure tell what spots don’t get sun, lots of ice on some of the roads and snow in the well shaded yards. We did a multi-stop shopping trip today; went to Safeway gas station and filled up for $1 off per gallon, stopped at Office Depot for printer paper, shredder conditioner sheets and oil, then got a much needed car wash and went to Costco and did a trip through there and spent a bunch. By the time we got home we were pretty wiped out.

I was going to make taco salad tonight but my feet hurt too much to stand in there making it, so I made a quick trip to Subway and picked up dinner.

Comment

I went shopping for a birthday cake for a friend.
        Sam's Club lady said they have to be ordered 24 hours in advance
        and they won't be open tomorrow.-Their cakes are 19.99
        So I went home and called a bakery that has really good cakes 1/2 a sheet cake is $90, Ouch!
        Went to BJ's and bought a beautiful marble cake for $9.99. I couldn't believe the price
        The lady in the bakery department was so nice. She wrote HB on the cake and added extra flowers
        Because that was so reasonable I bought a small round cake (5.99) and she also wrote HB on it
        Because of Corona we will put a candle on the small cake and sing and she will be able to
        blow it out and take it home. The big cake will be germ free for the rest to enjoy
        So when I was waiting at BJ's they were giving out samples of meatloaf w mashed potatoes
        It was so good I bought the dinner and they had a 2.00 coupon. The end

Comment

Originally posted by mellon View Post
          I went shopping for a birthday cake for a friend.
          mellon... you had an ordeal getting a birthday cake. I was also looking for a marble cake. I know it's not easy because that's the very reason John didn't have a birthday cake on 22nd. Glad you got one eventually. What is BJ's short for or is that the name of the store?

Now that our freezer has gone to Tiff, we are now cleaning out the fridge and there's not a lot left. Last night for dinner, I had the last of the spaghetti sauce over pumpkin filled ravioli. John had mashed potato and sausage curry that was in the fridge ready to zap in the microwave.
          Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

What a nice friend you are mellon. Instead of giving up you took up the challenge and found the solution. I like your idea with buying 2 cakes.

Your end reward was a good tasting hot meal and money saved in the end. The biggest reward in my mind is that your friend has a beautiful cake, will have a nice birthday and an awesome friend.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

Working...
            X