Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 26th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

A blue sky with no clouds and the sun out greeting the day. The high will be 32 and the low of 25. No snow predicted today after a day of more snow yesterday.

We will have baked potatoes with different toppings and Waldorf salad.

What will be your dinner?

​​​​​​​
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I went out for dinner with Tiff tonight. It was a work function for her and I got to meet some other people with whom she works. They are all lovely people. The dinner was held at Tabcorp Park, the Victorian home of harness racing. The last race was sponsored by Tiff's workplace and she was asked to present the trophy to the winner.

We had a 4-course dinner... I was *so* full by the time we had dessert but I managed to squeeze it in. The courses were:

1. small gourmet meat pie; Tiff had the same
    2. I had marinated chicken on coleslaw; Tiff had mushroom arancini balls
    3. I had crispy skin oven baked salmon with potato and asparagus; Tiff had pork cutlet with cranberry sauce, roast potatoes and broccolini
    4. Tiff had pana cotta with crumbled shortbread and passionfruit; I had baked cheesecake with raspberry coulis and cream

We were both drinking lemon, lime and bitters which could become my favourite drink.

5 days to go...
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Shooting for egg roll in a bowl or a big mac salad.

Comment

I am having a winter tea for my neighborhood ladies - not everyone could attend, and we have a small neighborhood. Six is the perfect number and I have been putting together my tea sandwiches and desserts. Everything is miniature. My table looks spectacular and even my tablecloth is light blue with white and dark blue snowflakes. My China plates are light blue as well. My menu has 14 items on it including mimosas, fresh fruit, scones, clotted cream, jam, tea and/or coffee service, 4 different sandwiches and 4 desserts plus tomato basil soup and an amuse bouche spoon with a peppadew pepper with herbed cheese plus an Italian meatball. It has been a lot of work but fun. No cooking for me tonight. There will be plenty of leftovers. I also baked tea cakes and made a gift bag for everyone to take home. Hope it turns out well.

Comment

Vera - your tea sound sounds lovely!
          Muz - have a recipe for the big mac salad?

We are in the midst of a blizzard yay! nope
          It's DS #3 32nd BD today and I generally make our kids their special requests for dinner/dessert. He is off to our DD & SIL place for a bonfire and BBQ dinner, so we will put off the din til tmo or thru the week. Have not all been together for some time now as 2 of the kids had covid. Then we went to Florida for 3 weeks, and now home and I'm sick. 'Not' covid....I've tested 4 times. Still feel poopy, coughing so hard it gags me and sometimes toss my cookies. Anyhoooo.....
          So, just my and hubby for dinner tonite, I plan to make a little mac & cheese casserole and will add in some leftover over maple ham.
          A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Mudder,

Please take care of yourself.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

It’s a very cool and cloudy day, there’s supposed to be some pretty heavy rain coming in later tonight. We still have some small piles of snow around in the well shaded spots around the neighborhood too. We’ve just been goofing off most of the day.

I got the taco salad all mixed up earlier today, all I need to add is the lettuce and Doritos right before serving it. I think we’ll have some tapioca pudding with diced pears for dessert.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                I am having a winter tea for my neighborhood ladies - not everyone could attend, and we have a small neighborhood. Six is the perfect number and I have been putting together my tea sandwiches and desserts. Everything is miniature. My table looks spectacular and even my tablecloth is light blue with white and dark blue snowflakes. My China plates are light blue as well. My menu has 14 items on it including mimosas, fresh fruit, scones, clotted cream, jam, tea and/or coffee service, 4 different sandwiches and 4 desserts plus tomato basil soup and an amuse bouche spoon with a peppadew pepper with herbed cheese plus an Italian meatball. It has been a lot of work but fun. No cooking for me tonight. There will be plenty of leftovers. I also baked tea cakes and made a gift bag for everyone to take home. Hope it turns out well.
                Vera, I hope you winter tea for the ladies in your neighborhood went well. Your menu sounds so good, and I am sure everybody had a good time.
                Your menu sounds like a British high afternoon tea. My granddaughter flew to New York city at christmas time to visit friends and they all got together and had an afternoon tea at a hotel, if I remember correctly it was the Plaza hotel. She loved it.

Comment

Sabine - It was a gabfest lasting 3 plus hours. All the food was a hit. I don't know how to post pictures, or I would. The tea is actually from England called winter blend and when I opened the loose tea, there were snowflakes mixed with the tea leaves. Of course, after the tea steeped for 5 minutes the snowflakes were gone. It must have been some sort of flavoring - really good tea.

Comment

Originally posted by Vera View Post
                    I don't know how to post pictures, or I would..
                    Vera... send to me any photos you want to share on the board. I'll post them for you.

My favourite English tea is Earl Grey. I don't buy it often but enjoy it when I do.
                    Last edited by Chayote; 02-27-2022, 01:30 AM.
                    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Working...
                    X