Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February 27th Dinner Post

Good Morning!

The sun is shining with clouds and snow moving in the afternoon along with winds gusts of 25 mph and the high of 38 and the low of 18.

I have chicken poaching for broth as I am making a big pot of chicken noodle soup, dinner rolls, fruit salad and brownies for sharing with a family as the mother has been put into the hospital and the father is overwhelmed with 3 children. Another neighbor said she will make dinner for them on Monday.

What will be your Sunday dinner?
    Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
    He drew a circle that shut me out.
    But love and I had the wit to win,
    We drew a circle that took him in.

I officially closed my kitchen tonight. We cleaned out the fridge for our dinner and future meals will be bought, ready to eat. I've kept John's porridge because that can be made in the microwave. We will buy bread and ham for lunches. Tiff took the rest of the food we had back to her house. Tomorrow I'll pack our saucepans and that's the kitchen done and dusted.

John had the last of the curried sausages and some bake-at-home rolls; I had pumpkin soup and bake-at-home rolls.
    Effort only fully releases its rewards after a person refuses to quit.

Napoleon Hill

Comment

Ordering wings. Woke up with a sore throat and headache, hopefully its just a passing cold.

Comment

Take care muz and if in doubt please get tested.
        Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
        He drew a circle that shut me out.
        But love and I had the wit to win,
        We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

The last scratchy throat I had was Covid. Feel better.

Comment

I hope its just a bug from the grandkids but my free tests are coming in the mail tomorrow.

Comment

Lets think positive, not every sore throat or cough or runny nose is covid. Even in the times of Covid people still have colds and sore throat and bronchitis etc.
              We got our free covid tests 2 month ago. Not sure how long they are good ? Probably not long. I just checked the package and there is no expiration date, maybe on the inside ? Don't know and not planning on opening the package. If I need to be tested I will go to one of our free testing sides.

Comment

It’s been a gray and funky day, but the temperature actually got above 50! It looks like the rest of the neighborhood snow has melted now. It’s been a mostly quiet day, did some necessary tasks around the house and did some reading this afternoon. I’m reading kind of a strange but interesting book, The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton. I should be done in a couple of days.

We’re going to have the rest of the chicken and rice Alfredo tonight with some fruit.

Comment

I made egg salad but ate that for lunch so i may fix soup for dinner.

Comment

We’re going to have the rest of the chicken and rice Alfredo tonight with some fruit. [/QUOTE]

That's what we had finished it. Joe reminded me not to lose that recipe. !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X